|Job Title||Editorial Director|
|Member Since||11 Oct 2010|
|Areas of Expertise||Online Customer Service, Social Media, Community Management, Strategy and Planning, Video & Rich Media|
Heather is a writer and filmmaker who covers media and communications, tech, ecommerce and the arts and was listed by Brand Republic as one of the top 200 most influential bloggers in 2011. She is currently editorial director of Econsultancy in New York.
Prior to her move to Econsultancy, Heather was acting editor of About the BBC, the BBC corporate blog and website, and managed online corporate reputation for the BBC. Previous roles included social media manger for PayPal UK and social media/ PR manager for Groundswell award winner, giffgaff.
Heather speaks at events on social media, marketing, community and filmmaking - previous speaking engagements include talks at ComicCon, Reputation Online Live, Technology for Marketing and Advertising, PR Week, European Customer Experience World, Social Media in Business, Media Camp London, and Digital Surrey. She has also advised on social media strategy for a number of startups and charitable organizations.
Blog posts by Heather Taylor
- With PC sales declining 14% in Q1 of 2013, digital marketers should move half their budget to mobile now, 18 Apr 2013
- The world’s most valuable audience for digital marketers, 17 Apr 2013
- Integrated Marketing Week 2013: Seth Sarelson on integrating with data, 16 Apr 2013
- Yankees take social MVP for opening day: infographic, 10 Apr 2013
- Organizational transformation doesn't happen overnight, 3 Apr 2013
- Lessons from SXSW: less buzz, more eye contact and two important trends for marketers, 2 Apr 2013
- SXSWi 2013: the social buzz, 15 Mar 2013
- Leap Motion brings content interaction into the future, 12 Mar 2013
- Makerbot's Bre Prettis urges SXSW to think hardware this year, 11 Mar 2013
- A few stats from the first two days of #SXSW, 10 Mar 2013