|Date||6th October 2010 (9:00am – 5:00pm)|
|Venue||Metropolitan Pavilion, New York, United States|
About the event
Econsultancy's second annual Peer Summit is an invitation-only roundtable event for senior client-side/corporate marketers, large online publishers and etailers with responsibility for their organization's online marketing.
Designed to enable attendees to discuss and explore the latest best practices on e-marketing procurement, business cases, investment, ROI and supplier selection, the Peer Summit is the one forum where attendees discuss their online strategies and tactics with their peers.
In one day, the Peer Summit provides you a unique learning venue: throughout the day you'll take part in three of an array of 15 topic-focused roundtables, driving insight and discussions between you, your peers and industry experts.
Each roundtable, led by an expert moderator, will address best practices, measurement, ROI, resourcing, supplier selection, recruitment, business process, budgeting and trends surrounding each topic - as well as discussing what you and your peers have on your 2010 horizon.
About Econsultancy's peer-to-peer roundtable events
- E-commerce and Conversion - moderated by Bryan Eisenberg
- Online PR, Buzz Monitoring and Reputation Management - moderated by Adam Wallace
- Email Marketing - moderated by Stefan Tornquist (Sponsored by Infogroup Yesmail)
- Integrating Cross-Channel Marketing - moderated by Larry Smith (Sponsored by Day Software)
- SEO/Integrated Search Marketing - moderated by Crispin Sheridan
- Social Media – Marketing, Measurement, Monetization I - moderated by Pauline Ores (Sponsored by iCrossing)
- Social Media – Marketing, Measurement, Monetization II - moderated by Maura Curtin (Sponsored by Buddy Media)
- Mobile Marketing - moderated by Tina Whitfield
- User Experience and Customer Journeys - moderated by Kevin Kearney
- Web Analytics - moderated by Frank Watson
- Site Content & Rich Media Optimization - moderated by Li Evans (Sponsored by Limelight Networks)
Pictures from the Peer Summit 2009
8.30 – 9.00
Registration and coffee
9.00 – 9.15
Welcome and introduction – Rebecca Lieb
9.15 – 10.00
10.00 – 11.30
11:30 – 12:00
12:00 – 1:15
1:15 – 2:15
2:15 – 3:00
3:00 – 4:30
4:30 – 4:45
Round up and closing remarks
5:00 – 7:00
Cocktail Reception, hosted by Econsultancy
Speakers' and panelists' profiles
Adam Broitman (Keynote)
Adam Broitman is Partner and Ringleader at Circ.us, a creative marketing firm that helps brands tell stories through innovation and participation.
Adam is a recognized expert in all aspects of the ever-changing digital media+marketing landscape. A thought leader in the marketing industry, Adam is known for devising cutting edge marketing strategies for clients ranging from Kraft, The New York Times, Cisco, Panasonic to LVMH and A&E.
Prior to founding Circ.us, Adam was Director of Strategy at Crayon and Director of Emerging and Creative Strategy for Morpheus Media. He started his digital marketing career at Digitas, working on the American Express team.
Adam blogs at Circ.us/blog and writes for industry publications such as iMediaconnection and Mediapost.
Adam's keynote will guide us through new areas of opportunity and creativity:
- Location-Based Social Media
- HTML 5 and the Demise of the App
- Ambient Search Optimization
- Augmented Reality
- Transmedia Storytelling
- Passive Connectivity
- Mobile Commerce
- And More…
Rebecca Lieb (Chair)
Rebecca is VP of Econsultancy's US operations. An expert in interactive marketing and advertising, she was formerly ClickZ’s editor-in-chief for over seven years. For a portion of that time, Rebecca also ran Search Engine Watch.
Earlier, Rebecca held executive marketing and communications positions at strategic e-services consultancies, including Siegel+Gale, and has worked in the same capacity for global entertainment and media companies including Universal Television & Networks Group and Bertelsmann's RTL Television.
As a journalist, she's written on media for numerous publications, including The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
Adam Wallace is the New Media Manager for the Roger Smith Hotel, a family-run boutique art hotel in midtown Manhattan. In his three years there he has helped establish the hotel’s reputation as a pioneer in social media marketing. His first project was building a video based website for the Roger Smith Hotel in 2006 with Panman Productions and Roger Smith Arts, which evolved into the hotel’s current blog, RogerSmithLife.com.
More recently Wallace has worked with the Roger Smith team to create video and photography content on YouTube and Flickr while building a substantial and loyal following on Twitter and Facebook. Through these online relationships the Roger Smith has become a hub for social media leaders and innovators from across the country. Wallace now manages and monitors all of the hotels online marketing channels.
Bryan is recognized worldwide as a leading expert on online marketing and marketing analytics, New York Times best selling author, speaker, industry pioneer and guest blogger for Econsultancy. He's also a keen advocate of incorporating expert persuasion techniques and a deep understanding of customer behavior into all marketing efforts. Bryan is a co-inventor of Persuasion Architecture®, a process for persuading customers when they ignore marketing.
Read an interview with Bryan on the Econsultancy blog.
Andrew Markowitz's group leads a global digital strategy group across GE with a focus on driving stakeholder connection and conversion. That includes instituting first-class digital capabilities in areas including search, content social media and customer engagement, as well as training and development to help businesses gain marketplace understanding.
Prior to GE, Andrew worked at Kraft Foods, Inc., where he was Director, Digital Services, leading a Center of Excellence for all digital activity including: digital strategy, on-line media, creative agency relationships, social media marketing, search engine marketing, and standards and training. In this role, he led efforts to create scalable best practices by providing thought leadership in the management and development of a wide range of on-line marketing principles, a pipeline of emerging media opportunities and leading the digital medium towards accountability for Kraft brands.
He joined Kraft Foods in 2000 as the e-Commerce marketing lead for both the Desserts and Post Cereals businesses. Prior to joining Kraft, he worked at Send.com, the on-line gift company, as well as Dentsu Corp., Ammirati & Puris and Lintas.
He is a frequent industry speaker and was recently named as one of the iMedia 25: Internet Marketing Leaders and Innovators.
Crispin Sheridan is the senior director of search marketing at SAP, based in the New York HQ for Global Marketing. He is responsible for paid and organic search, search infrastructure, partner search enablement, and inbound Web inquiry management. Working with SAP's social media team, he has leveraged social media tools for demand generation, including Facebook and AddThis. Crispin has been a guest speaker at SES in New York, San Jose, and Chicago and was appointed to the SES Advisory Board in December 2009. He has also been a guest speaker at the eMetrics Summit and ad:Tech, and is a member of Google's B2B technology council.
Dorian Sweet (Keynote)
Dorian has over fifteen years of creative innovation and interactive strategy, branding, user experience design, online advertising, web development, and custom relationship management. Dorian leads all aspects of strategic design and service offerings that deliver value and drive incremental revenue for TrueAction clients.
Prior to TrueAction, Dorian was executive creative director at Tribal DDB San Francisco, a top ten international digital marketing agency and Adweek's Interactive Agency of the Year. In this role, Dorian was involved in launching numerous websites, microsites, and online campaigns. Dorian's work has brought award winning online solutions to clients.
He is recognized as an industry thought leader in rich media and online video solutions, and was named an Online All-Star by MediaPost and OMMA Magazine. Dorian is a contributor to ClickZ.com and is often sought after to speak and participate in industry events and newspapers.
Stefan Tornquist is an experienced entrepreneur, new media researcher and business manager. He's built a reputation as a thought leader in online marketing, as well as essential business issues, such as how to approach marketing and branding in an economic downturn. Stefan has authored dozens of reports across a wide range of online marketing tactics.
In February of 2010, Stefan joined Econsultancy as research director for the US. He is frequently quoted in the trade and business press. His commentary has been featured in the Wall St. Journal, Business Week and AdAge, as well as virtually every industry outlet. He's been a guest on CNBC's Street Signs, National Public Radio's Studio 360 and is a regular contributor to YourBusinessChannel out of the UK. Stefan maintains an active speaking schedule and has been a featured or keynote speaker at more than 100 corporate and industry events, as well as hundreds of webinars and virtual events.
Who should attend?
With over 21,000 registered members in the U.S. (and a further 70,000 globally), Econsultancy already has a strong relationship with the senior corporate and client-side marketers.
If you have responsibility for your organization's online marketing, head up a digital team for a Fortune 500 corporate, a large online player or an e-commerce site, you should consider requesting attendance. There will be a maximum of 200 attendees.
Join us at the Peer Summit for:
Three roundtable sessions to deep-dive into the matters at the top of your agenda
Senior networking and knowledge sharing throughout the day and the chance to meet your peers in discussions
Two thought-provoking keynote presentations
Who is coming?
VP Direct Distribution Channels, Mexicana Airlines
- Director, Marketing, Sharkstores LLC
- Vice President, Media Sales, AARP
- Category Sales Planner, Post Foods
- Director of e-Business Development, Wiley
- Dir Mktg, Siemens
- Ecommerce, White + Warren
- Direct Marketing Manager, Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Director, Online Marketing, Conde Nast
- Sr. Manager, HSBC
- Director, Business Development, The New York Times
- Director, Digital Marketing, Mercedes-Benz USA
- VP of Digital Marketing, Prudential
- Senior Marketing Director, AT&T
- CMO, Oce Business Services
- VP Digital Media, International, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Digital Lead, TIAA-CREF
- Mgr. Web and Community Marketing, Esselte Corporation
- Executive Director, Strategic Marketing, The New Republic
- Director of eCommerce, Dylan's Candy Bar
- Web Analyst, NBC UNI
- Director of Marketing, Communications & Internet Services, NJICLE
- Director, Digital Marketing, Scholastic
- Internet Channel Manager, The Company Corporation
- Sr. Web Strategist, Haworth, Inc.
- Senior Marketing Analyst, Flycell Inc
- eMarketing Corporate COE Leader, DuPont
- VP, Ardin Furniture
- Director of Marketing and Business Development, MAZE Laboratories
- Director, Digital Marketing Solutions, Macmillan Publishing - Higher Education
- Social Media & Online Marketing Manager, Random House, Inc.
- Marketing Manager, Random House
- Director, Online Marketing Operations, Random House
- VP Marketing, Doubleday/Random House
- Principal, Between Stations Communications
- Sr. Director, Marketing, SAP Global Marketing
- Digital Marketing Manager, Mercedes-Benz USA
- Assistant Manager, Advertising & Promotions, Knopf/Random House Inc.
- Online Marketing Manager, Knopf Doubleday
- Director of Marketing, New York City Bar Association
- CMO pro tem, The Lease Outlet
- VP, Digital Strategy, Scripps Networks
- Director UX Design, Sony Music
- Social Engagement Strategy, IBM
- Founder, BeyondTheVineyard.com
- Marketing Director, Random House (Fodor's Travel)
- E-Commerce Manager, MEDEX Global Group
- Search Marketing and Social Media Optimization Strategist , SAP
- Director, Reader Applications, The New York Times
- Managing Director, Wharton Interactive Media Initiative & Wharton Lab for Innovation in Publishing
- IB Marketing Analyst, J.P. Morgan
- Advertising Director, Knopf / Random House
- Marketing Manager, Reader Applications, The New York Times Company
- Sr Manager, Online Marketing & Merchandising, Marriott International
- Marketing Assistant, Random House / Crown Publishing Group
- Director, Digital Marketing, NHL Players' Association
- Director, Internet Marketing & Ecommerce, Wolters Kluwer Law and Business
- Manager, Enterprise Web Presence, Canadian Museum of Civilization
- Product Director, Digital Newsstand, BN.com
- Manager, Online Sales and Marketing Analysis, Random House, Inc.
- VP, Sales & Marketing, Wyndham Exchange and Rentals
- Information officer, Amnesty International
- Sr. Online Marketing Manager, Random House
- EVP Strategic Insight & Marketing Initiatives, Adorama, Inc.
- President, Ashford.com
- Web Marketing Manager, The New York Times
- Web Specialist, The New York Times
- Web Editor, Mattel Inc.
- CMO, Save the Children
- Digital Business Director, Time Out New York
- Web Manager, Canon U.S.A., Inc.
- Senior Online Marketing Mgr, Forbes
- Associate Director, Acquisition, Execunet
- Director, Online Marketing, CT Corporation - A Wolters Kluwer Company
- President, L.H.Ellis Inc.
- Director, Social Media, Hachette Filipacchi Media
- Senior Marketing Manager, Flycell, Inc
- Social Media Manager, MAZE Laboratories
- Director, Ecommerce , Barclays Capital
- Senior Manager, Digital | US Diabetes Business Unit, sanofi-aventis
- Head, Web Strategy and Services, CFA Institute
- Marketing Team Lead, Whole Foods Market
- Marketing Manager, Random House
- Sr. Consultant, The Hartford
- Membership Consultant, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Director of Licensing and Partnerships, Fodor's
- Marketing Director, A Division of Genesis Securities
- Group Marketing Director, Esselte
- VP Web Properties, Sony Music
- Associate Director, Digital Marketing Operations, Dow Jones / wsj.com
- Director, Global eCommerce & CRM, Elsevier
- Digital Social Media Manager, Applegate Farms
- Vice President, Global eCommerce Marketing, Marriott International
- GM, Publishers Clearing House
- Director of Marketing, Communications & Internet Services, NJICLE
- Digital Media Consultant, International Center for Journalists
- Head of Digital, Granite Broadcasting Corp
- VP Marketing & Business Development, Bare Necessities
- Senior Director, Digital Media Marketing, A&E Television Networks
- Vice President, Marketing, America's Test Kitchen
- Creative & User Experience Director, Soap.com
- VP, E-Marketing, J.P. Morgan
- Head of SEO, Reed Business Information
Free (by invitation only)
Contact John Gibb (john.gibb AT econsultancy.com) or 646 845-1835 for further information on attending the event as a delegate. You must be a senior digital marketer from a brand, e-tailer, or publisher to qualify for free attendance.