About the course
Mobile marketing is rapidly becoming a necessity for organisations, rather than an optional discipline in their marketing strategy.
This course is an ideal introduction to this emerging channel, covering best practice and insight, technical issues and insight into customer behaviour, all backed up by practical examples and the latest research.
Pay £995 + VAT to attend both our mobile training courses.
Mobile technology has already fundamentally transformed personal communications, but with mobile becoming ever more ubiquitous, driving increased social media activity and allowing digital communications channels to be accessible on the move, it is having a huge impact on how organisations, businesses and brands talk to customers.
This one day course will provide you with a solid understanding of the mobile marketing landscape, examining the sector's rapid evolution and considering current and future trends. Focusing on practical skills and cutting-edge case studies, you will leave with a thorough knowledge of the technologies and terminology of mobile and best practice guidelines, as well as being able to articulate the benefits and opportunities of a mobile strategy, and how this fits into a multichannel approach.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for brands, agencies and organisations looking to gain a comprehensive and structured insight into mobile marketing. Primarily aimed at those with little or no mobile experience, it is ideal for anybody looking to develop a broad expertise in this emerging channel.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use the six core disciplines of mobile: sales promotion, advertising, mCRM, brand engagement, advertising response and mobile experiential
- Generate real value through the mobile channel
- Develop a strategic approach to define how mobile fits into your customer experience
- Use apps and mobile internet to get your message across
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- Mobile technology - from text and calls to convergent connected devices; how have these technologies developed and how are consumers using them?
- Mobile Marketing - case studies and examples to understand the six core disciplines of mobile: sales promotion, mobile advertising, mCRM, brand engagement, advertising response, mobile experiential.
- Mobile and Social - these two media channels are growing together to dominate all others in the minds of the next generation of consumers, and in particular, social location. We consider how brands have and can use social location to engage their customers.
- mCommerce - From acquisition to transaction, mobile is now a complete end to end channel. From mobile commerce sites, to in-app payments and NFC, we consider how businesses can and must generate real revenue through the mobile channel.
- Mobile Strategy - as the mobile channel proliferates in both technology and consumers, a strategic approach to mobile becomes even more imperative. Mobile strategy considers the possibilities for the channel, the business objectives and processes, where customers are in the mobile landscape and the future roadmap.
- Mobile Apps and Internet - Many brands have used apps to engage with customers, but what goes in to building the perfect mobile app? The rapid growth of the mobile internet has extended the possibilities even further. How can these powerful tools be deployed to assist brands get their message across and use services in more innovative and convenient ways?
Mark has a degree in Economics and Politics from Southampton University, and a postgraduate diploma in marketing from University of Sheffield. As CEO of digital agency, Formation, he has been working in online marketing since 1992, and mobile marketing since 2003. During this time he has directed marketing campaigns for brands, governments and organisations through all of the digital channels. Focussing on mobile marketing for the last seven years has given Mark an unparalleled expertise in this sector.
As chair of the Direct Marketing Association’s Mobile Council, Mark takes a leading role in formulating best practice and promoting mobile as a marketing channel in the marketing industry.
If you're looking for a complete overview of the mobile channel, we also run an ideal follow-on courses in Mobile Strategy. Book both of our mobile sessions for £995 + VAT (excluding any Econsultancy membership discount). Contact us directly at , or call 020 7269 1470 to reserve your spaces.