07-February-2013 –Benenden Healthcare Society, the UK’s long-established health and wellbeing mutual, is launching a new website as it seeks to redefine itself in a tough healthcare market. The organisation has appointed the customer service software company Synthetix to provide it with a range of its products to work within its new website.
While Benenden Healthcare Society remains the legal entity, the organisation’s not-for-profit offering will now be marketed under the ‘benenden health’ branding and the new website went live in January at www.benenden.co.uk, with a host of improved content and functionality, including an exclusive members’ area.
For benenden health’s membership of over 900,000, this new-look online Members’ Area has been designed to help improve online customer service. The new site provides a secure way for members to conveniently manage membership, 24 hours a day, seven days a week - allowing them to update their details online, add friends and family and access personal membership records and case details. In addition, there’s a wealth of health and wellbeing information tailored to the individual member needs.
In order to enhance online support, members are able to intelligently interact with the website via the interactive FAQ system developed by Synthetix. This feature offers members 24/7 online help across all aspects of the organisation’s services.
The new secure Members Area includes online forums, where members can interact and benefit from the insight and experience of the benenden health online community. It also includes a new, live chat facility, also developed by Synthetix, which will allow benenden health advisers to communicate online with members about the organisation’s services. Webinars offering insight and advice on a range of health and lifestyle topics will be included on the site for members as well as a service finder tool, which will help them to identify which services benenden health may be able to offer to support ongoing health conditions.
Marc Bell, Marketing and Business Strategy Director said: “We now have a powerful and distinctive brand that will help us stand out in an extremely competitive healthcare market and we wanted to ensure that our website reflected this and helped us meet the changing needs of our audiences. The new website has been specifically designed to be a powerful tool for our members looking for healthcare advice and support. By adopting a user-centric approach when developing the new site, we’ve ensured it will meet the needs of our members as well as helping to drive more engagement with our audiences. The customer service software products provided by Synthetix will form a key part of reaching this objective.”
Alastair Taylor, Commercial Director of Synthetix, said: “Being involved with the launch of this prestigious and long established organisation’s website has been a very exciting project for Synthetix. The unique combination of our customer-facing and internal tools will enable benenden members to fully interact with the new website in a valuable and engaging manner. With the roll out of our social media services and interactive form system, benenden is ensuring that their members receive the best possible customer service.”
The change to the new benenden health brand and the launch of the new website follows the decision taken by the healthcare provider’s members (at their annual conference in 2012) to remove membership eligibility criteria so that all UK residents aged over 16 are eligible to join the organisation. That historic decision last summer means that for the first time in its 108 year history benenden health’s marketing team can now target the wider UK market. As part of the rebrand a bold new advertising campaign will also be launched and incorporates new digital and direct marketing campaigns as well as TV advertising in prime-time slots.
For further information contact:
Adam Ashcroft, Tel: 01223 393671, Mob: 07808 129 300, E-mail:
About benenden health www.benenden.co.uk
• Founded in 1905 and based in York since 1990, benenden health is one of the UK’s longest serving and most respected mutual healthcare societies.
• Winner of ‘Most Trusted’ healthcare provider at the 2012 Moneywise Most Trusted & Customer Service Awards coming top in a UK customer survey of over 14,000 participants.
• benenden health provides a range of discretionary healthcare services to a membership of over 900,000 people across the UK – providing over £62 million of healthcare services in 2011.
• Synthetix Ltd is a developer of multi-channel online customer service solutions. Founded in 2001, Synthetix has unparalleled expertise in the field of 'Online Customer Service’ design and deployment.
• The company has become the marketing, customer service and web usability technology choice for blue-chip brands including the BBC, Virgin Holidays, Best Western Hotels, Unilever, Northumbrian Water, Principality Building Society , Low Cost Holidays, Yorkshire Building Society, Wessex Water, Mark Warner Holidays, easyJet Holidays and Welsh Water.
Published on: 10:24AM on 7th February 2013