The MSc in Internet Retailing is the UK's first postgraduate qualification to specifically address the career and business needs of ambitious retail professionals.
It's a challenging, multi-disciplinary programme that delivers all the skills and understanding you'll need to become a successful e-commerce practitioner.Application Material
The three year part-time syllabus guides delegates through all aspects of internet retailing, from marketing, buying and merchandising, through to logistics, engineering and technology. Whether you're already involved in internet retailing or you are from a more traditional retail background, completion of the qualification will:
- Develop your understanding and appreciation of the whole discipline of Internet Retailing
- Fully prepare you for a commercial leadership role
- Give you a broad and deep perspective on e-commerce best practice, trends and opportunities
- Establish you with a network of like-minded e-commerce leaders with full access to an ongoing support framework of research, insight and expert advice
The MSc in Internet Retailing has been created by Econsultancy in partnership with Ian Jindal (Editor-in-Chief of Internet Retailing Magazine) and Manchester Metropolitan University.
With the unique industry insight provided by our Retailing Leadership Council, the course provides a combination of highly flexible, cutting-edge tuition with the academic rigour and exceptional academic standards expected of a top European Business School. Delegates include representatives from Holland & Barrett, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, Vodafone, Pentland and the Scouting Association.
Who should consider this MSc?
The course is undertaken via part-time study, making it the ideal choice for professionals in employment with more than two years' experience who want a qualifications which fits around their current work commitment. Undertaking the MSc is a serious commitment; you’ll be expected to put in the hours, contribute in class and in online forums and consistently complete your coursework.
This MSc attracts ambitious delegates who are keen to pursue a career in retail as this postgraduate qualification encompasses more than just e-commerce, giving you a broader understanding of online and multichannel retail. Take a look to see who our current MSc delegates are.
- You're a digital marketer with a retail focus or e-commerce professional with more than two years industry experience
- You're currently employed either full or part time
- You're looking for a course where you can immediately apply what you learn to your current working practices and projects
- You are looking to gain a wider understanding of all aspects of internet retailing, from web to marketing to supply chain management and logistics
- You want to network with other professionals and share best practice and insight
- You're looking for flexible study options which allow you to commit one stage at a time and achieve the right level of qualification for your needs
- You have around 12 hours a week in which to study
- You are able to take up to 12 days a year out of the office to attend face to face training
Supporting you in your studies
Undertaking the MSc is a serious commitment; you’ll be expected to put in the hours, contribute in class and in online forums and consistently complete your coursework.
To support you in this, you’ll receive access to excellent resources from Econsultancy and MMU designed to help you with your studies and professional development throughout the life of your course:
- Up to seven days of practitioner-led Econsultancy training per year, specifically developed to meet the needs of the course and constantly updated to reflect industry developments - worth $10,965 across the life of the course
- Provision of all textbooks and access to MMU's electronic resources and university libraries nationwide
- Full support from your tutors via our online learning environment
- Econsultancy membership for the life of your course, giving you access to all our research worth $462 per annum
- Fantastic networking opportunities with course alumni and current delegates, as well as access to Econsultancy and MMU's industry networks
- Free access to many Econsultancy events (including our nationwide innovation briefings) and offers from partners (in particular, InternetRetailing Magazine)
- 50% off five days of Econsultancy training per year, for you and your colleagues worth $1,958
- A dedicated Econsultancy account manager to help with all enquiries on the MSc and the rest of our services
If you are interested in applying, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 8233 9230