Director / Marketing Director at Interwhat & GenieConnect
06 November 2012 10:05am
1. Engagement - Events don’t happen in isolation, but are an integral part of a wider marketing plan. They require blood, sweat and tears to organise, but traditional event apps are only used to communicate to their target audience for the duration of the event. This is a wasted opportunity – multi-event apps are a communications channel in their own right and can form the basis of a long-term dialogue with your target audience.
2. ROI - In a tough economic climate, we need marketing tools that are flexible and multi-purpose. Event apps that adapt to customer requirements, are seamlessly available across multiple platforms and devices, easily implemented and updated, and used for multiple events can increase your return on investment.
3. Loyalty - Event apps aren’t necessarily for a specific time frame, but should be seen as a mobile marketing and communications tool with permanence and longevity that can deliver relevant content to your audience. As a result, this can increase brand awareness, raise event attendance/visibility and help build and expand a loyal community of followers.
4. Growing Demand - The demand to use apps continues to grow and should be taken advantage of. The analyst house IDC predicted a 38% year on year rise in smartphones this year. Meanwhile, research from the financial services firm, Morgan Stanley, says 91% of smartphone users always have their phones within arm’s reach and a new study from ABI Research projects that by 2016 44 billion apps will have been downloaded.
5. Added Value – Using Event Apps to engage with your audience during the year helps you and your event become more memorable, more sticky. By using a multi-event solution, you only need to publish your app once, saving you time and resource and delivering a better experience for your audience. When another event needs to be organized, you already have a receptive audience to market to, on a platform they’ve come to rely on.
find out more at www.geniemobile.com
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register