Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer, Author and Speaker at SmartInsights.com
29 February 2008 07:02am
Topics: Strategic agility; Popular Web 2.0 Engagement techniques; Outwitting the HiPPO; Avenue A/Razorfish Digital Outlook 2008; E-mail specific marketing segmentation.
Note:I have agreed with Ashley Friedlein, CEO of E-consultancy, that I will post these articles here in the hope that they may be useful for forum members who haven't seen these articles or news items.
1. Strategic agilityAn excellent video introduction to the principles of strategic agility from Professor Donald N. Sull of the London Business School. I have added a commentary to relate this to Internet marketing strategy.
2. Most popular Web 2.0 methods for engagementAn interesting evaluation of the most effective web site functionality rated by marketers according to effectiveness, actual and planned use. Also describes measures used to develop a business case for new web functionality.
3. How do you outwit the HiPPO?The latest Marketing Experiments report on increasing conversion rates covers 3 areas of conversion rate optimization, this is my synopsis / commentary. Also see a great paper by Ron Kohavi describing experiences in site optimisation at Amazon and Microsoft and how to outwit the HiPPO!
4. Avenue A Razorfish 2008 Digital Outlook ReportAs a follow-on from my posting last month on digital predictions and trends, on February 24th 2008, major US/European/worldwide agency Avenue A Razorfish released their take which covers how to manage issues such as digital governance, web analytics, search and of course connecting with the online connected. You can download the wonderfully produced inspiring 150 page report here or read Guy Kawasakis summary.
5. Email-specific marketing segmentation techniquesEmail marketing gives new options for list segmentation in addition to classic segmentation methods such as demographic and psychographic segmentations. This Q&A, with Lucy Conlan of cScape reviews these options and also includes discussion of how to treat the "emotionally unsubscribed" list members who are a natural part of every email list.
6. Read all my E-marketing blog postings for February 2008
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register