PPC Bid Management Technologies market set to grow by 17% in 2012 – new report
London, 7 August 2012
The UK market for bid management technology is expected to grow by 17% 2012, in line with the growth expected in the overall search sector, according to the Econsultancy PPC Bid Management Technologies Buyer’s Guide published today.
The SEMPO State of Search Engine Marketing Report, due to be published by Econsultancy in September 2012, values the North American search marketing industry at $22.9 billion for 2012, and projects 17% growth this year, leading to a value of $26.8 billion in 2013.
In particular, the forward march of social media is helping to fuel growth in paid search. Econsultancy’s Research Manager, Aliya Zaidi, said: “The integration of social media APIs has huge implications for the future of search. This gives marketers access to a vast array of data, enabling them to make advertising more relevant and targeted."
Mobile also represents a tremendous opportunity as the number of mobile search queries continues to rise. For paid search marketers, this means it is essential to understand how search behaviour varies across different devices, including on mobiles, tablets and the desktop.
Trends highlighted by the guide include:
• Integration with social media APIs and other types of biddable media
• Mobile bolsters further growth in paid search
• Integration of marketing channels leads to focus on attribution
• Real-time bidding provides new opportunities for search marketers
Areas addressed in this guide include:
• Looking at the PPC marketplace and where and how bid management fits in
• The different types of management systems to help you decide which will best suit your needs
• Pricing models and other potential costs involved with bid management
• Considerations to make when choosing a technology provider
• Tackling strategic and tactical issues related to bid management
• Profiles of the leading technology providers
Which vendors are featured in this buyer’s guide?
This report contains profiles of the following vendors: 24 / 7 Media, Acquisio, Adobe, Clickable, DC Storm, DoubleClick, IBM Coremetrics, IgnitionOne, Kenshoo, Keybroker, Marin Software, Search Laboratory, ValueClick (Mediaplex), and VCCP Search.
Linus Gregoriadis, Research Director, Econsultancy
e: linus.gregoriadis AT econsultancy.com
T: +44 (0)207 269 1465
Econsultancy is a global independent community-based publisher, focused on best practice digital marketing and e-commerce, and used by over 400,000 internet professionals every month.
Our hub has 120,000+ members worldwide from clients, agencies and suppliers alike with over 90% member retention rate. We help our members build their internal capabilities via a combination of research reports and how-to guides, training and development, consultancy, face-to-face conferences, forums and professional networking.
Join Econsultancy today to learn what’s happening in digital marketing – and what works.
Call us to find out more on +44 (0)20 7269 1450 London) or +1 212 971 0630 (New York). You can also contact us online
Published on: 1:00PM on 7th August 2012