The US Affiliate Census 2009, carried out by Econsultancy in association with MediaTrust, is essential reading for anyone who wants to find out more about the performance marketing landscape.
The 55-page report looks at how much revenue affiliates are generating for merchants, how they are getting their traffic and which linking methods they are using.
The study is based on a survey of almost 500 affiliates based in the United States, and examines in detail the nature and quality of relationships affiliates have with networks and merchants.
The ongoing aim of the Affiliate Census is to shed more light on an industry which drives billions of dollars in online sales annually.
Highlights from the findings include:
- More than half of US affiliates (51%) responding to this research work full-time on affiliate marketing.
- Text and banners are the top-rated linking methods, with half of affiliates rating them among their most valuable ways of linking.
- The most important criteria for judging an affiliate network are the breadth of advertiser base and tracking reliability,
- Health, Sport and Fitness is the most popular sector, promoted by 41% of affiliates.
The report findings are divided into the following sections:
- Profile information
- Affiliate business
- Sectors and merchants
- Communication and resources
- Trends - opportunity or threat?
You can download a free report sample if you want to know more.
How much does this report cost?
You can purchase just this report for $695.
However, become a Small Business subscriber and you get total access to all our research for as little as $795.
As a Small Business subscriber you get complete access to 700+ of our research reports for a whole year. This includes all past research and all the new research we publish during the year.
Get access to Econsultancy's multi award-winning research and guides. You join our community of the world's leading digital marketing and e-commerce practitioners. Read testimonials from other subscribers to see how valuable they find Econsultancy as a resource to help them become smarter digital marketers.
Cheapest and fastest way to get this report: Become a Small Business subscriber now »
Consider your options: Find out more about why you should subscribe