|Date||February 28 2013 (9:30am – 4:30pm)|
|Venue||Econsultancy London, London, United Kingdom|
About the course
Give your email campaigns an injection of fresh thinking in this fantastic email marketing workshop.
You’ll gain advanced, strategic email marketing training and get the opportunity to have your email campaigns reviewed by an industry expert who will provide practical tips for improvement.
Strictly limited to 8 places, the workshop allows for plenty of interaction and you’ll be able to bounce ideas off other experienced marketers.
If you feel you have covered the basics of email marketing, this advanced course will cover the key leverage points for strategic success and help you identify improvements to your current activity.
Fusing strategic email marketing training with workshop discussion time, the course offers a unique opportunity to bounce your own work and strategy off a group of experienced practitioners and reflect on your own campaigns through comparisons with others.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for experienced marketers or agency staff looking to move their email marketing campaigns on to a new level of sophistication. Well suited to people who have at least a year’s experience working on email campaigns and who are familiar with creating multi-part messaging, tracking and reporting as well as managing data for email campaigns.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Adopt the very latest advanced email marketing techniques, strategies, tactics and technologies
- Emphasise the importance of sophisticated testing and optimisation techniques to continually improve your campaigns
- Understand the challenges faced by and practices used by your experienced email marketing peers from various industries
- Use the latest trends, themes and insight
What will I learn?
Session One: Start at the beginning...
The state of email marketing and it's challenges. Building an effective email marketing programme, which includes:
- Creating a strategy
- Understanding the value of an email address
- Building subscriber personas
- Calculating the lifetime value of a customer
- Utilising RFM (Recency, Frequecy, Monetary) analysis
Lifecycle marketing - triggers and behavioral targeting, content and contact strategy
- Growing your list - including offline, online, viral and data acquisition
- Retaining your list - welcome programmes, preference centres
- Winning back your list
Session Two: Creative and Optimisation
Designing for email, including:
- Using wireframes
- Designing for images blocked
- Designing for the mobile audience
Testing and optimising, including:
- Understanding your results
- Measuring the relevant metric
Sending the right email to the right person, including:
- advanced segmentation
- dynamic content
Writing copy for optimum conversions
Session Three: Last but not least...
Integrating email with other channels
What to look out for in the future...
Campaign critique and improvements
Plan to Engage
Kath Pay co-founded Ezemail, one of the pioneers of the email marketing industry in Australia in 2001, and expanded it into a global organisation in five years. In the twelve years that she has worked in the sector both as an ESP and as digital and email marketing consultant, Kath has played an integral part in making email marketing the successful channel that it is today, not only in the UK but also in Europe and the USA.
Kath is currently chair of the Events and Communications Hub of the UK DMA's Email Marketing Council and is editor of its newsletter Infobox which has 6000 subscribers. In addition she is a regular blogger on many industry blogs, and speaks at both national and international industry events.
Nearest tube stations:
Farringdon (Circle, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City) or Chancery Lane (Central Line)