|Date||9:30am 24th January – 4:30pm January 25 2013|
|Venue||Euston House, London, United Kingdom|
About the course
This intensive two-day course is a great place to start your digital marketing training. It gives marketers a complete overview the digital marketing landscape including all the essential disciplines, how they fit together and how to assess what’s right for your strategy and where you need further in-depth learning.
Fast Track Digital Marketing is Econsultancy’s most popular course globally and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up in 2013 to take into account the very latest considerations facing organisations in their digital marketing.
The course helps make sense of the rise of digital by examining the technological evolution that has driven social and behavioural change. Many of the implications are yet to be known but a robust strategic approach that experienced offline marketers will recognise will be presented to help everyone involved in digital approach its themes with rigour.
The aim of the course is to equip delegates with the confidence, the tools and the techniques to build the right digital strategy for their organisations, including:
- Search Engine Marketing (content) and Paid Search
- Display and Interactive Media
- Social Media - video, social media outreach, online PR
- Affiliate marketing
- Usability and Web Design
- Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Data, tracking and measurement
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those with experience of traditional, offline, marketing but less exposure to online marketing channels, or those with experience in specific digital disciplines, who want to know how different channels can fit together. It’s equally refreshing and rewarding for people who have been “doing” digital for some time but want to set their experiences in context and discover new approaches.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will have:
- Understood the general changes happening in marketing rather than seeing ‘digital’ as an additional channel to cope with
- Been energised and instilled with the confidence to use digital marketing as a part of your marketing mix
- Learned structures and frameworks to help plan your digital marketing efforts and make it all fit together
- Had the input of an expert trainer to answer questions and explore the immediate challenges you’re facing, as well as the opportunity to network and learn from others
- Realised how much you already know and enjoyed sharing your knowledge with others
- Had an enjoyable, thought-provoking two days!
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Weave together acquisition and retention tools to deliver an efficient digital marketing strategy
- Try out all the key techniques for yourself using a range of tricks, tips, website tools, links and handy guides
- Approach the commissioning of digital services with more knowledge and confidence and be able to deflect trendy jargon
- Choose specific courses to learn more about particular topics
- Approach the future of digital marketing with confidence
- Return to your job with a solid list of ‘todos’ to get on with
What will I learn?
The course is broken down into manageable modules most of which include either exercises or case studies for you to work through.
The Cultural Shift
- Understanding the New World
- Setting the Scene
- Conversation Culture
- Digital society
The Strategic View
- Strategy and Planning
- Becoming media companies
- Inbound Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Experimental and iterative marketing
- Data driven culture
- Integrated on/offline marketing
Search Engine Marketing
- How the Internet invented search
- Strategies for Search Engine Optimisation
- Key principles
- Paid search
Display and Interactive Media
- The role of display advertising
- Display formats and how to use them
- Strategy and planning
- Targeting and measurement
- A look to the future
- What is content?
- Social media outreach
- Online PR
- Your Content Strategy
- Who are affiliates
- The business model
- Successful strategies
- The mobile landscape
- Why most apps fail
- Mobile conversion
Usability and web design
- Conversion optimisation
- Building for usability
- User testing
- Smarter email marketing
- Goal setting
- List quality
- Segmentation and targeting
- Creative design
- Legal compliance
- Why does it matter?
- What can you measure?
- Who owns analytics?
- The future of analytics
With a background in sales and marketing and qualifications in psychology and business, Andrew is fascinated by all things web and has been working in the industry for over 10 years. He has gained wealth of experience managing integrated digital marketing campaigns and ecommerce projects for a variety of clients, from sole traders through to large corporates, and his involvement in the launch of www.jobs.ac.uk gave him first-hand experience of establishing and running a successful online business.
Andrew now works as a trainer and coach for a number of organsiations, helping them to get the most out their digital marketing activities. As part of Econsultancy’s training faculty, he has worked with clients including Random House, MacMillan Cancer Support, RIBA, Allianz Insurance and the Oxford University Press, providing expert advice on such diverse topics as usability, search engine optimisation, email marketing, analytics and social media strategies. He is also the principle trainer for Econsultancy’s MSc in Digital Marketing Communications, running the Foundation courses and various specialist elective courses and consistently receives outstanding feedback for his informative, practical and highly-engaging sessions.
Euston, St. Pancras and King's Cross mainline stations
Euston Station: Victoria and Northern Lines
Euston Square Station: Circle, Metropolitan, Hammersmith and City Lines
King's Cross Station: Victoria, Northern, Circle, Metropolitan, Hammersmith and City Lines
firstname.lastname@example.org; 0207 269 1470
If you're looking to develop your skills or knowledge in specific digital channels, we run a range of essential courses for disciplines such as Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketing, Social Media & Online PR, Web Project Management and many, many more!