Spinnaker is launching a new digital strategy for iNTERTAIN’s Walkabout chain of Australian-themed bars. The new infrastructure is due to go live at the start of November and will include revolution and evolution of their social media, email, search and mobile activities, plus a brand-new mobile-optimised website and online booking system.
The new digital infrastructure will revolutionise Walkabout’s understanding of their customers and the way that they talk to them including the following:
- A new booking system will allow customers to book and reserve booths and tables online for key sport and party events, plus their own celebrations.
- The new mobile and search-optimised website will ensure customers can easily access brand information and bookings from whichever device they are using - whether desktop, tablet or mobile.
- A new single customer view database - powered by software provider Alchemetrics - will allow Walkabout to consolidate data sources from across their estate. In conjunction with an enhanced CRM programme, which includes a new customer segmentation and contact strategy, the system will allow Walkabout to send more personalised, relevant and timely communications, based on customer preferences.
Spinnaker is also working closely with Walkabout's venue managers to improve their social offering across venue social pages. The new strategy will be rolled out in a series of training sessions in November, with the aim of helping venue managers create more consistent brand content, and engage with fans in a more authentic way.
Spinnaker was appointed by iNTERTAIN in April 2013, following a four-stage pitch process. iNTERTAIN is one of the UK’s leading high street hospitality companies, operating 35 bars and comedy venues nationwide. The company’s Walkabout chain of Australian-themed bars specialise in offering food, sport, live music and late night partying.
Commencing in 2010, Walkabout has carried out the complete refurbishment of 13 of its venues, creating hundreds of jobs. The development of a new digital infrastructure comes as Walkabout plans further investment that will see more refurbishments over the next two to three years, and in due course, the acquisition of new Walkabout venues.
Simon Kaye, Chief Operating Officer at iNTERTAIN said: “Spinnaker’s digital strategy is revolutionising what we know about our customers and the way we talk to them. We truly believe this will deliver powerful ROI for our business.”
Robert Goldsmith, Managing Partner at Spinnaker also commented: “Walkabout is a brand with great heritage and the ambitions for the new digital programme offer huge potential to engage the current audience and reach out to new prospects - we’re delighted to be launching such an exciting programme.”
For further information on Spinnaker:
Steph Smith, PR and Social Media Consultant 07803 853006,
For further information on Walkabout:
Matt de Leon, Van Communications 020 7079 9225
About Spinnaker, www.spinnakerdirect.co.uk
- Spinnaker, founded in 2004, is an independent Marketing Communications Agency.
- Spinnaker creates direct and digital ideas and communication strategies that build connections between brands and consumers. Spinnaker takes these ideas and strategies across a range of channels including advertising, direct marketing, digital marketing, search marketing and social media.
- Spinnaker clients include Sony Pictures Releasing, HiPP Organic, IMEX, Bord Bia, Patak’s, TABASCO®, Levi Roots, GLL, Middlesex University, and Beachcomber Hotels & Resorts.
Published on: 11:45PM on 30th October 2013