About the course
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone in a digital role within an organisation or with responsibility for an aspect of digital performance and who feel they need a firmer grounding in how web sites actually work. It requires no previous knowledge or experience of programming or IT - if you can use a browser, you will be able to do the course.
How will I benefit?
- Accelerated learning - a simple but fully working web site in a day
- Discover the power of prototyping and how it can facilitate rapid business change
- De-mystifies the technicalities and jargon of web coding
- Enables more informed conversations with developers
- Improves overall web project management skills
- Stepping-stone to a deeper understanding of web technology
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Be able to read, understand and use the more common HTML tags
- Be able to read, understand and use the more common selectors, properties and values in CSS
- Analyse, edit and add-to more complex web pages
- Understand key differences between good and bad practice in the construction of web sites
Mike Baxter originally trained as a psychologist (BSc and PhD), but has been a consultant since 2001, specialising in a wide range of digital technology issues from search marketing to the selection of new technology platforms.
Mike’s client list includes Argos, Avis, Dell, Direct Line Group, Google, Orange, Paddy Power, Reed Business Information, Rocco Forte Hotels, Samsung, Santander, Sky, Skype, Sony and Shop Direct Group. He has also been an advisor to technology start-ups, including Moneyspyder, Peerius and Ometria.