|Organization||White & Case LLP|
|Subscription Level||Small Business|
|Registered Since||27 Jun 2001|
|Areas of Expertise||B2B Marketing, Email Marketing, Hosting & Managed Services, Legal and Regulations, Community Management|
Email:Telephone: +44(0) 7532 1000
Mobile: 07866 266733
Address: 5 Old Broad Street, LONDON, EC2N 1DW, United Kingdom
I am a nerd. I started life designing computers and writing operating systems. I retrained as a lawyer over 15 years ago and have advised on some of the highest profile internet platforms over that period. I have also assisted a large number of web start ups. I am now a partner a very large law firm with offices all over the world and specialise in international legal issues mainly for large corporates and financial institutions.
I have a particular interest in privacy, data protection, profiling and clever ways to get value from internet based business. I am also particularly interested in payment systems.
Education and Qualifications
I went to UMIST and did a BSc and MEng in Microelectronic Systems Engineering. Retrained as a lawyer. Studied law at City University. Went to law school in Guildford. Studied competition law at Kings College.
I am a member of he British Computer Society, the Institiute of Engineering and Technology, the Society of Computers and Law, the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists.
Forum posts by Ashley Winton
- Brand domain names/cybersqatting, 17 Jun 2005
- Brand domain names/cybersqatting, 21 Apr 2005
- Brand domain names/cybersqatting, 1 Apr 2005
- French attack email tracking, 24 Aug 2004
- Web Site Disclaimers - Organisational Culpability, 13 May 2004
- Shock news - Lawyers give free contracts to subscribers!, 13 Jan 2004
- Specialist Legal Services - advice for a new media agency, 30 Oct 2003
- Specialist Legal Services - advice for a new media agency, 16 Oct 2003
- Specialist Legal Services - advice for a new media agency, 15 Oct 2003
- Advertising Online (failing with monster.co.uk), 22 Sep 2003