About the course
The sheer amount of data available to online businesses can be overwhelming, but identifying the right metrics and consistently analyzing them will give you the insights you need to continuously improve performance.
This three day course provides hands on practical training in structuring and executing ongoing optimisation plans, integrating online and offline data and analysis, and an in-depth understanding of granular and predictive analytics.
Econsultancy’s Masterclasses are three-day intensive programmes offering you a deep dive into specific digital disciplines. The masterclasses offer the practical training without the need for long term commitment.
- Are led by practitioner trainers
- Include access to resources to support the training
- Allow delegates to implement and evaluate what they’ve learnt through ‘homework’ and trainer feedback after training
- Test and learn – Structuring and executing ongoing optimisation plans
- Joined up analysis – Integrating online and offline data and analysis
- Segmentation and modelling – Granular analysis and predictive analytics
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Create statistically valid, commercially focused and technically viable test and learn plans
- Identify opportunities for aligning different data sets to increase the value of analysis
- Perform granular analysis of web analytics and media data for optimisation purposes
- Describe the key dependencies, processes and applications for predictive modelling
- Scoring Content Value
- Balancing Split Testing, MVT and Personalisation
- Technical Mechanics of Testing
- Control Groups and Statistical Significance
- Advanced Funnel/Journey Segmentation
- Offline Data Sources
- Mapping Online/Offline Crossover Points
- Planning for Data Integration and Transformation
- Applications of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
- Tactical “Joined Up Analytics” Tricks
- Introduction to Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Customer Value/CRM Analytics
- Forecasting and Attribution Models
- Integrating Qualitative and Quantitative Data
- Review: Constructing a Long Term Data Strategy
Managing Director, Lynchpin Analytics
Andrew Hood is founder and managing director of Lynchpin, a web analytics consultancy with clients including Experian, Vodafone, Cadbury, HMV and The Guardian.
Andrew's marketing career began in 1999 at All-Hotels.com, where he developed the systems that led to All-Hotels becoming one of the biggest e-commerce sites in Scotland, selling for £1.425m in 2002 to Online Travel Corporation, now owned by Lastminute.com.
He then joined search company ambergreen, where he developed one of the first online return on investment tracking systems, for the emerging online marketing sector. In 2005 he launched Lynchpin as an independent web analytics business.