About the course
This practical course identifies a number of common pitfalls and failures in delivering web projects and introduces strategies for avoiding them. You'll also learn strategies to mitigate their effects if they are already plaguing your project.
Delivering a web project on time and to budget with all the features the users asked for is a tall order. So many things can go wrong: the content might be late, the developers might have underestimated, the delivered site might not work in the way you expected. This course will introduce you to strategies which will ensure that this doesn't happen!
Who should attend?
- Job role: Project Managers and Project Leaders
- Sector: B2B/B2C/Supply/Agency/Client
- Experience: Those planning to embark on a project, who want to ensure that it runs according to plan and delivers what users need
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify typical web project failures in the early stages or before they arise, and how to deal with them
- Reduce dependencies between tasks in order to minimise the risk (and costs) of projects going off the rails
- Develop a robust issue tracking system, allowing you to keep a handle on the development and deployment of a site
- Understand where stress points arise, and where to deploy resources to maximum effect
- Conduct testing early and often to ensure quality
- Motivate teams to cooperate and deliver more, and on time
- Re-prioritise a project's requirements and re-plan to get a project back on track when necessary
Consultant, Indigo Blue
Denis Howlett has been a project manager in the software industry for over 20 years. In that time he has worked for both large and small companies. He has provided consultancy and training to companies such as LogicaCMG, British Airways, HSBC, SpecSavers, Norwich Union and the Swiss Stock Exchange. He has co-founded two companies, KnowledgeBench Ltd in 2003 and Isocra Ltd in 1998.
Denis has experience of managing and building many different kinds of web-based system, from company websites and photo galleries to intranets requiring on-demand graphing, timesheet input and database integration.
Denis is a consultant for IndigoBlue, whose programme and project management services enable organisations to significantly improve their ability to deliver IT projects: reducing cost, raising quality by using Agile techniques. As well as training, Denis provides consultancy at board level on IT strategy and the practical application of Agile project management as well as all aspects of website development and monitoring.
This course works as a stand-alone, or alongside our Web Project Management - Introduction and Web Project Management - Planning training courses. Planning is designed to follow on from our Web Project Management course and covers detailed planning and specification, allowing you to work with the trainer to create a project plan in class.
Contact us directly at email@example.com, or call 020 7269 1470 to reserve your spaces.