Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer, Author and Speaker at SmartInsights.com
01 April 2008 07:04am
Topics:Auditing E-marketing capability, Google innovations March 2008, Email marketing benchmarking, Email template best practice for image blocking, Web analytics best practices
Note:I have agreed with Ashley Friedlein, CEO of E-consultancy, that I will post these articles here in the hope that they may be useful for forum members who haven't seen these articles or news items.
1. Please help with my "Managing digital channels" researchIf you are involved with managing digital marketing in a company, please complete our survey and you will receive a free report summary and 10 steps to auditing and improving your online marketing capability. This research programme updates the acclaimed 2005 E-consultancy "Managing an E-commerce" team report.
2. Latest updates on marketing with GoogleWith millions of blog posts every month about Google innovations, it's difficult to know which developments matter. I aim to track all the updates, review them and summarise the most significant ones to marketers using Google for marketing. For me, there were 4 main developments in March which search marketers and digital marketers need to be aware of.
3. Email marketing creative benchmarking reportThis email marketing report reviews different aspects of creative best practice for email marketing templates.
4. Impact of image blocking on Email response ratesA great, simple case study that shows the importance of thinking about how your creative renders without images. This retail study shows that including text in Email templates can have a dramatic impact and suggests steps you can take.
5. Web analytics best practicesIn this E-marketing Essentials interview I talk to Gary Angel, a web analytics consultant with extensive experience of web analytics implementation best practice.
HTH, Dave Chaffey
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register