Lenovo, A+E Networks, Urban Outfitters, Mattel and dozens of other brands select Tealium for its scale, performance and ease of use
San Diego, CA (Jan 8, 2013) - Tealium, the leader in enterprise tag management systems, today announced the completion of a banner year in 2012 that saw the company add 130 new enterprise clients, while vaulting into the industry leadership spot for enterprise tag management.
For the year ending Dec. 31, 2012, Tealium posted a 480 percent increase in sales bookings and a 570 percent increase in revenue compared to the previous year. The number of new clients marked the largest yearly gain of any major enterprise tag management vendor. Tealium capped the year with a bang, adding dozens of major global brands in the fourth quarter, including Lenovo, A+E Networks, Urban Outfitters, Mattel, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Orange France, Inside View, Active Network, and many more. Other select clients from 2012 include: Nokia, News International, NHL, Vodafone Germany, Perry Ellis International, Sony Online Entertainment, Fox Networks Group, and many more.
“Tealium enables our marketing team to manage vendor tags on their own without requiring ongoing IT resources,” said Jim Davis, director of web and customer analytics at Urban Outfitters, which operates 400+ lifestyle specialty retail stores in North America and Europe. “Tealium had the right combination of technology, vision and customer support. We look forward to using Tealium to improve the speed and agility of digital marketing operations.”
Other highlights this year include:
* The launch of Digital Velocity, the industry’s largest tag management user conference. The event is scheduled for Jan. 23-25, 2013, at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego.
* The launch of Tag Management University (TMU), the industry’s first formalized tag management training program, which is scheduled to take place at Digital Velocity.
* The hiring of Jeff Lunsford, a proven technology executive, as CEO. Lunsford was previously the CEO of Limelight Networks and, prior to that, WebSideStory, now part of Adobe Systems via Adobe’s Omniture acquisition.
* Securing $10.5M in Series B Financing from Battery Ventures, one of the most respected venture capital firms in the world. Battery has invested in such digital marketing leaders as Omniture (Adobe), ExactTarget, Marketo, Bazaarvoice and many more.
* Being recognized by Forrester Research as a “highly innovative” vendor in its new report, “Understanding Tag Management Tools & Technologies.” Tealium was also identified as the market leader for tag management in Econsultancy’s report, “Tag Management Buyer’s Guide.”
* Growing its worldwide employee base across sales, marketing, engineering and customer support. This includes significantly expanding its European presence after first setting up an EMEA office in the UK in 2011.
“Tag management is a compelling technology that eliminates tag implementation delays, errors and complexity, while providing a key hub for managing digital data,” said Ali Behnam, president of Tealium. “We are proud of 2012 and are thankful to our customers, partners and employees for making it a success.”
Published on: 7:38PM on 5th February 2013