About the course
It's all change in the ways audiences consume media, advertising is traded, channels converge and targeting evolves, so you need the broadest view of digital media.
This course takes a comprehensive look at planning effective digital marketing campaigns, encompassing search, affiliate, email, mobile and social media. You'll be able to spot the opportunities, challenges, best buying methods and key considerations around online campaigns - allowing you to plan and execute killer digital media campaigns.
As seismic shifts continue in the ways in which audiences consume media, advertising is traded, channels converge and targeting evolves, today's digital marketer needs to be ready to understand this new media landscape.
You'll acquire a broad understanding of the role of strategy, planning, buying and of current trends that influence this such as media fragmentation, audience shifts in consumptions, web 2.0 and social media. By the end of the day, you'll be confident in planning and executing a digital campaign from brief to conclusion including planning, buying and measurement.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those with a remit for acquiring customers online or building brand awareness via advertising campaigns. Relevant job roles include brand managers, digital marketing and campaign managers, agency account handlers, and marketing executives.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand key digital media trends reshaping the online landscape
- Identify the different trading models used, including CPM, CPC and CPA together with targeted placements, networks and auctions
- Recognise how agencies research, plan and buy media
- Know how ad-servers work and how to use behavioural targeting
What will I learn?
Planning and strategy
- How digital differs from other traditional media opportunities
- Audience behaviour online: penetration rates, trends, challenges
- Online spend, so who's spending how much and on what?
- Selecting the right channels, formats and placements for your campaign
- Key considerations to take into account when briefing and developing creative
- How to overcome the key challenges of digital marketing to maximise ROI?
- Sources of data to inform your decision making
How to deliver an effective campaign
- Understanding the role of different digital channels in the decision-making process
- How to buy behaviour rather than demographics
- Considerations for direct response versus brand objectives
- The planning process and tools used in media planning such as ComScore, Hitwise and AdRelevance
- Other tools for campaign planning
- Creative and targeting strategy, including what to consider
- The art of negotiation
- The importance of integration with other channels
- Developing a good brief and understanding channel split
Delivery, measurement and analysis
- Why your messages might not be delivered
- Analytics that offer actionable insight
- Setting objectives that add value
- Measuring campaign effectiveness - DR and brand metrics
; 0207 269 1470