E-consultancy has doubled in size over the past year, but with that has come new challenges - let's just say we have a hefty development to-do list.
With that in mind we're on the lookout for a world class Head of Website Development. Somebody with very strong technical / development skills, as well as an understanding of how our plans fit in with business and marketing goals.
More details after the jump...
We are not short on ideas (mashups, APIs, AJAX interfaces, personalisation, trigger-based alerts, dynamic feeds etc) and we have the platform and the data to do what we want.
E-consultancy sits in a central and highly independent position within the internet industry, with client teams on one side and agencies / tech vendors on the other.
We have about 45,000 registered users, pretty much all of them internet pros, including some very well-known names. We remain privately-owned. And we're based in Central London.
So if you know anyone who fancies having a large - and already very successful - website as his/her personal playground in their bid for true greatness, then do get in touch.
The successful candidate will report to the CTO and will be working with the senior management team on a daily basis, to help deliver our ambitious ideas.
Role & Responsibilities
• Working with CTO to prioritise projects and deliver them against business requirements
• Optimising website performance: commercially as well as technically
• Back end and front end development
• Site infrastructure and maintenance: all aspects including liasing with ISP, data back ups, security, database optimisation, archiving etc.
• Databases: design, maintenance, optimisation etc.
• Migration of existing application to .Net where not already done
• Documenting the E-consultancy technical architecture and platform, including setting and maintaining coding standards
• Quality Control
• Developing ideas and introducing the team to new technologies and opportunities
Programming Skills & Knowledge
• NET C# & VB, ASP.Net (min 4 years with a C# focus preferable)
• Understanding & real world experience of Object Orientated design, and a clear understanding and experience using Design Patterns (min 4 year)
• Traditional ASP JScript to a high level (min 2 years)
• Strong MS SQL skills (architecture, performance, scalability) (min 4 years)
• Flash & ActionScript knowledge advantageous
• PHP, MySQL, JAVA, Python, Ruby on Rails knowledge advantageous
• HTML & CSS (min 5 years)
• XML, XSL, XPath (min 3 years)
• Familiarity with Visual Studio .NET (2003 & 2005), Dreamweaver, Source Safe, SQL Enterprise Manager (min 3 years where applicable)
• Programming background (min 7 years)
• Excellent understanding of online marketing and the web industry.
• Excellent understanding of usability, accessibility, search engine optimisation, analytics and tracking.
• Web agency experience a plus.
• Hands on graphics knowledge i.e. Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, ImageReady. Ability to work with front end designs, make small cosmetic changes and cut images.
• Being able to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadline under pressure.
• Understanding of the commercial objectives and the ambition to contribute to business success
Recruitment agencies need not apply. Ditto headhunters. We smite cold calls for fun around these parts...