This event is accompanied by the Digital Cream Dubai 2012 Presentation report.
|Date||February 21 2012 (9:30am – 5:00pm)|
|Venue||Westin Hotel Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
About the event
The Invitation-only Peer Summit for Digital Strategists
Digital Cream is now sold out. However, there are still places remaining for the evening Reception and you can book the last few places here
Part of Econsultancy’s international series and now in its second year, Digital Cream Dubai is the region's only roundtable forum for senior client-side digital marketers to discuss and explore the latest best practice on digital strategy, business models, investment, ROI and supplier selection. Attendees can discuss their future online strategies and compare with peers as well as hear inspirational keynote speakers.
The key to the event is for senior client-side digital marketers to learn about gaining more budget and CFO commitment for digital marketing, better selection and short-listing of partners and suppliers and maximizing ROI from online channels longer term.
Digital Cream has been devised by the analysts and editors at Econsultancy in consultation with the most senior digital buyers in the world and runs in London, Dubai, New York, Chicago and Singapore.
After Digital Cream Dubai there will be a drinks reception, in association with Ikoo, where all attendees are welcome to attend. Suppliers, agencies and non-attendees are welcome to attend by booking a place in advance. Book your place.
Attendees get to pick three tables from the following topics:
1. E-commerce & Site Conversion moderated by Mustafa Ahmed
2. Content Strategy moderated by Suzanne Locke
3. Online Advertising & Maximizing Returns moderated by Husam Jandal
4. Online PR, Buzz Monitoring and Reputation Management moderated by Julia Astashkina
5. Email & Cross-Channel Marketing moderated by Akvile Pareigyte
6. Integrated Search Marketing (SEO/PPC) moderated by Ashley Friedlein
7. Social Media – Marketing, Measurement, Monetization moderated by Abbas Alidina
8. Social Media and Managing Online Communities moderated by Akanksha Goel
9. Managing Digital Teams: Budgets and Channel Integration moderated by Arto Joensuu
10. User Experience and Customer Journeys moderated by Chris Rourke
11. Web Analytics and Audience Measurement moderated by Zeid Nasser
12. Mobile Commerce, Marketing & Apps
13. Joining up online and offline marketing and campaigns moderated by Jeremy Spiller
Get a taste of what Digital Cream Dubai 2011 was like:
09:30 - 10:00 Registration and coffee
10:00 - 10:15 Welcome and introductions
10:15 - 10:45 Keynote: The State of Digital Marketing in MENA -
10:45 - 12:00 Roundtable session 1
12:00 - 12:15 Morning break and networking
12:15 - 13:30 Roundtable session 2
13:30 - 14:15 Lunch
14:15 - 15:00 Keynote: Creating the Online Porsche Experience - Porsche Cars Great Britain Consulting Digital Strategist Alex Vaidya
15:00 - 16:15 Roundtable session 3
16:15 - 16:30 Round up and closing remarks
16:30 - 18:30 Reception & networking
Speakers' and panelists' profiles
Ashley Friedlein, CEO, Econsultancy
Ashley is one of the most influential and connected figures in the UK digital marketing and e-commerce sector.As a recommendation for him on LinkedIn reads, “If Ashley doesn’t know it – it ain’t worth knowing.”
He writes for a range of publications and is the author of two best-selling books which have been translated internationally. Ashley speaks worldwide at industry events, as well as making media appearances to promote both his own company, Econsultancy, and the interests of the sector in general.
He founded Econsultancy in 1999 with business partner Matthew O'Riordan. This award-winning company now has over 98,000 members worldwide, opening its first US office in New York in January 2009, and now also operating in the Middle East and Far East. Its members include the cream of international media, retail, cultural and financial service organisations, as well as government departments. Econsultancy helps its members learn, make better decisions, build business cases, find the best suppliers, accelerate their careers and lead the way in best practice via research reports, how-to guides, training and development, forums and professional networking.
After graduating in 1995 with a 1st Class degree from Cambridge University, Ashley started out working in digital TV. After a brief spell as Producer at FT.com, his career took him to digital communications agency Wheel (now LBi) where he rose to Lead Strategist and launched numerous multi-million pound websites for major brands like Marks & Spencer, Five, Argos, Autoglass etc.
Following the dotcom crash he spent a pleasant year in the South of France writing the first of two best-selling books on web management (50,000 copies sold world-wide, translated into 4 languages). He is 38, married with two children. In his spare time he enjoys photography, art collecting and a range of sports including skiing, walking, cycling and yoga. More recently he has taken up boxing, polo and poker.
Alex Vaidya, Consulting Digital Strategist, Porsche Cars
Alex is a digital marketing & branding specialist with a track record in creating innovative digital strategies which have become recognised as industry leading.
Currently, Alex is a digital consultant where he predominately works with luxury car manufacturer Porsche Cars GB with responsibility for developing their online brand strategy. Previously, Alex headed up the digital function at Porsche where he developed a number of pioneering projects. This included Porsche Experience TV, a dedicated web video series with over 4 million views and Porsche Origin, the automotive industry’s first brand experience content hub designed for brand advocates to share content across the web.
Prior to this, Alex worked in product management and market research at Porsche. Alex graduated top of his year at Warwick University where he studied Engineering. Alex is fascinated with innovative and disruptive technology and in particular how they are fundamentally changing the relationship between brands and consumers. He is a regular industry speaker on the trends and tactics of online brand engagement and has spoken at major conferences including Econsultancy’s 'JUMP' and the IAB’s 'Video Engage'.
Mustafa Ahmed, Lecturer in E-Commerce & Online Strategies, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
Mustafa is a Lecturer in E-Commerce & Online Strategies at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Mustafa is on Google Online Marketing Challenge Academic Panel and has been consulting in the web industry for over 20 years (US, Australia and Saudi Arabia). He is currently working on the fastest growing E-Commerce platform in the Arab World. He enjoys teaching and researching about the Next Generation Internet Economy, and advising Dotcom entrepreneurs. Connect with him via Linkedin or email him.
He encourages entrepreneurial activities in his classes and is a 'life/career coach' to many of his students. He has managed CGI teams that have worked on Hollywood blockbusters such as the BAFTA Award winning movie, The Golden Compass. His research interests include the internet economy, social commerce, online retailing, digital marketing, web design, digital culture and internet startups. Favorite quote - “It’s always day one”, Jeff Bezos.
Julia Astashkina, Marketing Section Manager, Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology
Ms. Astashkina is an award-winning marketing professional with over a decade long experience serving Fortune 100 companies, including leading innovators, such as Oracle, 3M and AMD. Julia is currently focused on growing technology adoption in the GCC countries, working as a Marketing Section Manager for the Supreme Council of Information and Communication Technology in Qatar. Her expertise includes digital and traditional marketing, social media strategy and management, as well as mobile marketing.
Husam Jandal, Senior Digital Marketing Consultant, WSI
With more than 12 years of experience in the digital space, Husam is a well-recognized digital marketing consultant, and certified marketing professional by Google, Yahoo, and he is also a member of the Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organization, member of the Web Analytics Association, and member of the Usability Professionals Association.
Hussam actively helps businesses in the Middle East and globally to be successful on the internet by implementing the most effective online marketing strategies, building their online presence, increasing their online visibility and web traffic, and converting online visitors into opportunities that generate solid business and unprecedented ROI from the internet. Many international awards Husam has received, and the latest being 2 excellence awards from the Web Marketing Awards (WMA is the Oscars of the Internet!).
Arto Joensuu, Director of Marketing, Dubizzle
Arto Joensuu is a digital change agent at Dubizzle.com. Together with his team of experts, he is redefining marketing inside the company. Throughout his career, Arto has held several leadership roles in the area of digital, with work ranging from pioneering in mobile marketing at Terra Mobile, to crafting and executing digital marketing strategies for Nokia.His work has been rewarded with several industry awards and for the last years, he has acted as a spokesperson on digital marketing and social media.
Today, Arto is the "comandante" of marketing at Dubizzle.com, overseeing their marketing & PR activities. He is based in Dubai, UAE.
Bhavishya Kanjhan, Clique Media
Bhavishya Kanjhan is a Digital Marketing Professional with a focus on Mobile Marketing and is currently employed at Clique Media, a Digital Media solutions provider in Dubai Media City. He is a Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) certified mobile marketer.
He completed his Bachelors at The University of Birmingham (UK) with an honours degree in Computer Science & Business Management as part of which he built a Facebook Application for Windows Mobile smartphones. He followed that up with a Masters in International Business & Marketing wherein he wrote his dissertation on the ROI of Social Media. Most recently Bhavishya delivered a session on Social Advertising with LinkedIn at the Think Social conference held by Social Media Club Bahrain
Often known to dream in 140 characters, Bhavishya featured in the Twitter Tips Guidebook for SMBs by Small Business Trends and made it to the list of Dubai’s “100 most compelling tweeters“. He was interviewed for the Social Media Across Asia wiki and Bayt.com’s ‘A life in the day of’ feature. Infamous for voicing his opinion on everything Digital, Bhavishya has put his thoughts to words in various publications including EConsultancy, Emirates Business 24/7, Travel and Tourism News, Gulf News and Social Media Today.com. His blog can be found at http://kanjhan.com while his shorter musings are on twitter at @Bhavishya and you can visit his professional profile on LinkedIn at http://linkedin.com/in/kanjhan
Suzanne Locke, Editor-in-chief, Yahoo! Middle East
Suzanne has an unusual hybrid background of journalism and product management. Described as a 'digital native' on LinkedIn (www.linkedin/in/suzannelocke), she started out at Sky News in 1999 as one of the website's launch journalists, before going on to launch and then edit and manage the Sky Movies and Sky Showbiz sites.
Having grown up in Bahrain, she left the UK to return to the GCC and sample life there as an adult, arriving in Dubai in the boom times of 2006 to launch and edit the XPRESS site for Gulf News and work as a development manager across the Gulf News portfolio.
She went on to Emap and the world of B2B and subscription sites as editor of meed.com before progressing into Emap Middle East's leadership team in 2009 as digital development director.
She took a career break in 2011 to go travelling around Latin America and take a crash course in Spanish and salsa before heading back to Dubai - and to her editorial roots - to take on the mantle of Yahoo! Maktoob's editor-in-chief for their English sites in January 2012.
She is still plotting how to optimally use Twitter but posts digital stuff that interests her, as well as updates on her running mileage, at twitter.com/suzlocke.
Akvile Pareigyte, Digital Brand & Marketing Manager, Jumeirah Group
Akvile Pareigyte is the Digital Brand & Marketing Manager at Jumeirah Group responsible for setting digital marketing strategy and implementation methodologies to increase the effectiveness of Jumeirah’s online channels.
At Jumeirah, Akvile provides strategic online brand directions, executes integrated digital marketing campaigns and specialises in multilingual SEO, PPC, email marketing, social media, digital advertising and web localisation.
Chris Rourke Managing Director, User Vision
Chris is the Founder and Managing Director for User Vision one of the UK’s leading user experience and user-centred design (UCD) consultancies in the UK. Chris established User Vision in 2000 and quickly developed an enviable client list and a reputation for practical thorough and affordable user centred design services to help clients gain a competitive advantage through improved usability. Chris has worked with clients across all sectors including financial services, public sector, retail e-commerce, travel & tourism, charity, media, telecoms pharmaceuticals and others.
An engaging and dynamic speaker, Chris is regularly invited to speak at industry events and has recently spoken at the UPA conference in the US, Internet World, and the Andicom conference in South America. He is a regular contributor to resources offline and online including the Econsultancy blog and the User Vision blog.
Chris holds a BSc. in Engineering Psychology from Tufts University and a MSc. in Ergonomics from the University of Michigan. In his spare time Chris enjoys improving his Spanish, travelling and sport, particularly ultimate Frisbee.
Jeremy Spiller, Trainer and Consultant, Econsultancy and MD and Co-Founder, White Hat Media
Jeremy has worked with the internet since 1990 and with the web since 1994. In 1995 he founded Clockwork Web which went on to become one of the top ten agencies in the UK, working for clients such as The Rank Group, Dun & Bradstreet, Hi-Tech Sports, Red Dwarf, Pete Townshend and Premier Brands.
In 2003, Jeremy founded award winning search marketing, social media and development agency White Hat Media. White Hat Media's clients include Microsoft, Toshiba, The Royal Opera House, The Gym Group, Coty, and Yardley. Jeremy is an expert in web marketing, and in particular search and social media marketing. He regularly writes articles, runs workshops and speaks at conferences on the subject for organisations such as The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and Sussex Enterprise.
In the last twelve months, Jeremy has spoken at many other events both locally and nationally. He has been quoted in or written articles for The Sunday Times, .net magazine, New Media Age, and The Essential Business Guide. Jeremy now confesses to being obsessed with Search Engine Optimisation and Social Media Marketing and strongly believes practising ethical techniques known in the sector as "White Hat" for successful long term results.
Who should attend?
Senior client-side digital marketers - particularly those working for large organisations including brands, publishers, retailers, the hospitality industry, governmental organisations and online retailers.
Digital Cream is free to attend and is suitable for those who have responsibility for managing or buying services for their digital marketing or e-commerce activities as well as want to discuss their issues, challenges and pain points with colleagues.
Who is coming?
- Digital Director, 7DAYS
- Online Marketing Officer, Abu Dhabi Film Festival
- Digital & Direct Marketing Manager, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Digital Marketing, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
- Head of Digital Strategy, Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management, Yas Marina Circuit
- Manager - Web & eCommerce Solutions, ADAC - Abu Dhabi Airports Company
- Senior Marketing Executive, ADNEC
- Head of Web Development, Ajman University of Science & Technology
- Business Manager - Social Media, Al Reyami Group
- Marketing Manager, Aloft Abu Dhabi
- Customer Relationship Manager, AMCO GLOBAL MARKETING (FZC)
- Co-Founder, Ananasa
- Co Founder, Ananasa Middle East
- Design & UX Director, Anayou
- Head of Brands & Digital Marcomms, Anayou
- Owner & Managing Director, Australian Hospitality Skills Recognition ME FZE
- Regional Marketing Manager, averda
- Digital Manager, AXA Insurance Gulf
- AVP - Marketing, Barclays Bank
- Marketing Executive, Baskin Robbins
- Brand Manager, Baskin Robbins
- Senior Online Marketing Manager, Bayt.com
- Director of Marketing , BMB FZE
- IT Specialist, CapitalStone
- Marketing manager, Citi bank
- Manager, E-Business, Citibank
- Head of Sales and Marketing, CNBC Arabia
- Community Manager, Cobone.com
- Digital Marketing Executive, Computer Care UAE
- Middle East Marketing and PR Manager, Control Risks
- Head of Marketing, DAB
- product manager, dnata Travel - Emirates Group
- Digital Content Manager, du (Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company)
- Digital Communication Executive, Dubai Financial Market
- Manager customer engagement and communications, Dubai First
- Senior Manager - Digital Marketing, Dubai World Trade Center
- Digital Marketing Manager, Dubai World Trade Centre
- Digital Marketing Lead, Dubizzle
- Head of Marketing, Product Management & Business Development, eHosting DataFort
- Senior Manager, Marketing and Corporate Communications, Ejadah Asset Management - Part of Dubai Properties Group
- Manager Consumer Solutions, Emaar Malls Group
- Director - Information Technology, Emaar Malls Group
- PR & Advertising Manager, Emaar Retail
- Senior Marketing Manager, Emaar Retail LLC
- Marketing Advisor - Trade Relations and International Marketing, Embassy of Ireland
- Marketing Manager, EMCO Engineering
- Manager E-Commerce Sales Development, Emirates
- eCommerce Sales Development Controller, Emirates Airline
- Digital Analytics Manager, Etihad Airways
- SEO Manager, Etihad Airways
- Senior Communications Executive, Euromonitor International
- Web Editor, Explorer
- Marketing Manager, Explorer Publishing
- Vice President, eZeliving.com
- Assitant Manager Communications, Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
- Marketing Manager, Fairmont Dubai
- E-Commerce Manager, Fairmont Dubai
- Public Relations, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts
- Head of Marketing, flydubai
- Digital Marketing Manager, Freeplay Energy
- Marketing Manager, Gargash Group
- Marketing Manager, German General Hospital
- Senior Marketing Manager, German General Hospital (Middle East)
- Online Manager, GN Media
- Social Media Manager, Groupon UAE
- Marketing Executive, Gulf Food Industries - California Garden
- Digital Product strategy manager, Gulf News
- Digital Business Development, Gulf News
- Online Product Development Manager, Gulf News
- Brand Manager, Henkel
- Marketing Assistant, Henkel Jebel Ali FZCO.
- Digital Media Supervisor, Hia-SRPC
- eCommerce Director MEA, Hilton Worldwide
- eCommerce Manager - MEA, Hilton Worldwide
- Business Optimization Lead, HSBC
- Marketing Manager, Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel
- Business Development and Marketing Director, ICM Capital
- IT Officer, Institute of Development Management
- Marketing Manager - IPTV, Intigral
- Head of Global Marketing Training, IQPC
- Digital Media Manager, IREISCO
- Marketing Manager, JadoPado.com
- Assistant Digital Marketing Manager, Jumeirah Group
- Digital Operations Manager, Jumeirah Group
- Senior Product Manager, Landmark Group
- Online Marketing Manager, Le MÃ©ridien Dubai
- CEO, LOGTA.COM
- brand social media, M.H Alshaya
- Marriott International UAE Ecomerce Manager, Marriott International
- Brand manager(Snickers-Mars-Twix-Bounty), Mars
- Marketing Manager, Marsh MENA
- Marketing Head, Middle East & Africa, MasterCard Worldwide
- Mobile Subscription Services Manager, MBC
- Web Project Manager, MBC Group
- Social Media Supervisor, MBC Group
- Senior Web Planning Executive, MBC Group
- Senior Social Media Executive, MBC group
- Director, Meltwater News
- Communications and Brand Image, Michelin Africa India MiddleEast
- E-Tourism Head, Ministry Of Tourism
- E-Distribution Champion, Moevenpick Hotels and Resorts
- Head of Digital Development, Motivate Publishing.
- Assistant Manager, Digital, Mubadala
- Digital Specialist, Mubadala
- Marketing Executive, Mulk Holdings
- Media Manager, Mumzworld.com
- Online Marketing Specialist, New Horizons Computer Learning Center
- Head Of Media MENAP, Nielsen
- Head of Consumer Engagement MEA, Nokia
- Digital Marketing Manager, Nokia
- Head of Market Intelligence - Middle East Region, Nokia Siemens Networks
- Head of Marketing, Oasis Ventures
- Head of Digital, OHM Events
- PR & Marketing Manager, OHM Records
- CMO, One.com
- Search Director, One.com FZ LLC
- Marketing Creative Director, OSN
- Digital Marketing Specialist, Patchi
- Country Internet Manager, Philips Electronics Middle East
- Marketing Director, Prime Lands real estate development L.L.C
- Head of Digital Development and Marketing, Primedia International BSC
- Assistant Brand Manager, Procter and Gamble
- Social Media Director, Qatar Foundation
- GM Commercial Manager, Royal Catering Services LLC
- Marketing Manager, Saint-Gobain Gyproc
- Marketing Executive, Saint-Gobain Gyproc
- Internet Marketing Specialist, Seawings LLC
- Managing Director, Sheikha-Shopping
- CRM Consultant, Signature Clubs International
- Website & Social Media Manager , SRPC
- Digital Marketing Manager, Starwood Hotels
- Digital Marketing Manager, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Digital Field Marketing Manager Middle East, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Regional Director, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Study Group
- Digital Marketing Manager, Sukar.com
- Online Community Manager, Sukar.com
- Marketing Manager, Summertown
- Assistant Marketing Manager, Takaful Emarat
- Director, Tecom Investments
- Director, The Beauty Hub
- Marketing Section Manager, The Supreme Council of Information & Communication Technology (ictQATAR)
- Regional eMarketing Executive - Middle East and Asia , Tourism Ireland
- Director - Online Services & Agency Relations, TradeArabia.com Network & TradeArabia Web Services Al Hilal Group â€“ Hilal Al Khaleej
- Assistant Marketing Manager, Virgin Megastore
- New Projects Consultant, Virgin Megastore
- Marketing Specialist, Virgin Megastore
- Snr. Marketing Specialist, Virgin Megastore MENA
- Marketing Manager, VOX Cinemas
- Assistant Manager, Interactive marketing, Wataniya Telecom
- Senior Marketing Manager, Western Union
- Marketing Manager, Western Union International
- Marketing Director, YaDig.com
- Head of Strategy, Zawya.com
Westin Hotel Dubai Marina
The event is free to attend by invitation only. Delegate places are strictly reserved for marketers at brands, etailers, publishers and government organisations.
PO Box 212951, Dubai
United Arab Emirates
+971 50 275 6012
jason.hellowell AT econsultancy.com