- Enhanced search quality: Customers can find desired products quicker and more easily
- Redesigned back office: Online merchants can operate more efficiently
- Optimized product presentation: New functions will help maximise conversion rate
London, 17 December 2012 – Version 6.14 of ePages online shop software provides a completely new and optimized search function.
“To use a search of this quality, online merchants previously had to buy it from specialized providers of product searches. Now, anyone using ePages automatically has a highly professional search. With the new 6.14 version, ePages becomes one of the most powerful online shop systems on the market, while renting costs remain constant and affordable,” says Wilfried Beeck, CEO of ePages GmbH.
Quality and speed of online shop searches are crucial as approximately 50% of new site visitors will use this function to navigate and find products.* When searching in an ePages online shop, customers will be presented with a list of proposals, including images, after typing the first few letters – a function they will already be used to from Google. By compensating for common input errors, the new fuzzy search also enhances the quality of results. The search algorithm sorts the results by relevance, so customers can overview related products whilst searching and quickly find their way to the desired goods.
Other features at a glance
- Redesign of the back office: The control centre of ePages online shops has been completely revised and updated visually. It is now even clearer and makes the merchants’ work more efficient – regardless of whether they are doing customer management, product settings or order processing.
- Optimized product presentation: When setting-up product detail pages, merchants can choose from seven new layouts, all optimized to obtain maximum conversion. Information such as technical details, or customer reviews can be shown on index cards. Further, as an additional impulse to buy when there is low product availability, the declining stock level can be displayed.
- Customizable products: Merchants can now offer personalized products, such as printed mugs and T-shirts. Customers can enter text and upload photos thus designing the goods themselves.
- Automatic notification for sold-out items: Customers can enter their e-mail address and be notified when sold out products become available again.
Resellers of ePages online shop software are hosting providers, telecommunications and logistics companies. Online merchants will receive free automatic updates as soon as the new version is rolled-out to their provider. Already, around half of ePages’ 75,000 merchants are working with the new 6.14 version. By the end of February 2013 nearly all of them will be updated. For an overview of partners, go to: http://www.epages.com/en/partner/provider/
With more than 75,000 online shops, ePages (www.epages.com) is the world’s leading provider of online shop software for small and medium-sized businesses. Our resellers are hosting providers, logistics, telecommunications and yellow pages companies. With ePages, merchants can easily create professional online shops, complete with up to 15 languages, search engine optimization, individual design and optimization for mobile devices, without prior knowledge. Thanks to regular updates, ePages online shops are always up-to-date with the latest e-commerce trends. ePages collaborates with more than 60 technology partners, such as online market places, price comparison sites, payment providers and ERP vendors. Both ePages partners and customers benefit from our 15+ years of experience. The company has headquarters in Hamburg with additional offices in London, Barcelona, Boston and Jena.
Published on: 11:40AM on 17th December 2012