|Job Title||Group CEO|
|Registered Since||19 Nov 2012|
|Areas of Expertise||Ecommerce, Mobile, Online Customer Service, User Experience and Usability, Web Design|
Eric Abensur is the CEO at Venda, the world’s largest on-demand convergent commerce provider. Venda works with a number of high profile fashion retailers such as Urban Outfitters, Laura Ashley, Clothing at Tesco and Wonderbra, delivering reliable and scalable mobile, social and ecommerce platforms and processing over $1Bn in transactions annually.
Eric took charge of Venda in 2008. He was previously Vice-President of Orange Home and Chief Executive Orange Home UK PLC following the merger of the internet and mobile operations of France Telecom in the UK. Before that he was CEO of Wanadoo (formerly FREESERVE), a leading UK Internet Service Provider.
Eric started his career in 1989 with Ernst & Young in Paris and Los Angeles, where he specialised for the Technology Media Entertainment sector. From 1998 to 2001, he was Finance Director of France Telecom Pay-TV division.
He was voted one of the Top Ten Most Influential People in New Media by The Guardian in 2004 and was nominated in 2011 by Enjeux Les Echos as one of the 100-most influential French business leaders of today and the future.
Blog posts by Eric Abensur
- Can Google Glass help retailers?, 18 Sep 2013
- Do you know who I am? The importance of personalisation, 26 Jul 2013
- From share to sale: is social commerce worth the investment?, 28 Mar 2013
- Returns: the Christmas present that keeps on giving, 6 Mar 2013
- Did Christmas save retail? , 29 Jan 2013
- Peak period lessons from Cyber Monday, 11 Dec 2012