22nd July 2013 – Scottish Friendly, one of the largest mutual societies in the UK and winner of the Financial Services Company of the Year award 2013, has enhanced its online customer service offering by launching a web self-service and live chat solution from leading multi-channel customer service software provider Synthetix.
In order to improve online support, customers are able to self-serve instant, accurate answers to their questions on the website 24/7, via the intelligent FAQ knowledge-base solution developed by Synthetix. The tool helps customers to find information on the range of investment and insurance products and services quickly and easily, using natural language search, deflecting in-bound calls and e-mails to their contact centre.
The live chat solution proactively offers chat with customers, based on a pre-determined set of triggers during form filling, offering customers real-time help and significantly reducing the level of form abandonment rates. It integrates seamlessly with their web self-service tool, allowing one centralised knowledge-base to be used on their website and within the contact centre for a consistent customer experience.
"Our aim was two-fold; to increase customer satisfaction by providing customers with instant and consistent answers to their questions online and also to help reduce application form abandonment rates, by identifying and escalating customers that require further assistance to our contact centre via live chat. Synthetix's unique and scalable range of multi-channel solutions will enable us to offer our customers a seamless online customer service, helping us to increase our conversion rates whilst significantly improving the online customer experience," explained Jim Gail, E-Business Campaign Manager at Scottish Friendly Assurance.
Adam Ashcroft, Director at Synthetix said: “Scottish Friendly Assurance’s commitment to providing a high level of online customer service clearly differentiates them from other financial institutions. We are delighted to be working with such a leading financial brand, helping them to provide their customers with a multi-channel customer service.”
Notes for Editors
About Scottish Friendly - http://www.scottishfriendly.co.uk/
• Established in 1862, Scottish Friendly Assurance Society Limited (SFAS) is one of the largest mutual societies in the UK, with over 150 years of experience.
• Winners of the Financial Services Company of the Year award at the Scottish Business Awards 2013.
• Scottish Friendly Assurance Society Limited looks after assets worth more than £900 million (as at 31/12/12) and has over 390,000 members.
About Synthetix - http://www.synthetix.com
• Synthetix Ltd is a leading provider of multi-channel customer service solutions, providing knowledge-base software for web, mobile, e-mail, live chat, social and contact centre customer service. Founded in 2001, Synthetix has unparalleled expertise in the field of online customer service design and deployment.
• The company has become the customer service and web usability technology choice for blue-chip brands including; Unilever, Acas, Virgin Holidays, Yorkshire Building Society, Morrisons, Best Western Hotels, Northumbrian Water, Low Cost Holidays, Principality Building Society, Wessex Water, Mark Warner Holidays, Welsh Water and easyJet Holidays.
Published on: 12:05PM on 22nd July 2013