|Job Title||Online Channel Manager|
|Subscription Level||Small Business|
|Registered Since||10 Apr 2001|
|Areas of Expertise||Content Marketing and Strategy, Ecommerce, Online Customer Service, User Experience and Usability, Web Project Management|
Email:Telephone: 01355 579762
Address: 6 Machrie Green, East kilbride, Scotland, G75 9NJ, United Kingdom
My 'old world' background was in publishing. The move into web seemed obvious to me. I found, especially in the 1990's, that my skills were transferable to this medium.
My 'new world' break came when I gained a job with Compaq ( Now HP) as web manager, in their education sector. From there I moved to the public sector with Scottish Enterprise as manager of SE Online. After almost 8 years,in early 2008, I left SE to set up a consultancy service Wizard New Media.
In 2009 we merged with Artisan Design to form 3f Ltd we operated two divisions 3fCreative and 3fDigital.
In 2010 I took up the post of General Manager at Specialisterne Scotland. The company works with high functioning Autistic Spectrum individuals to provide first class software testing, usability and accessibility, interface design, web analysis and other forms of test.
In 2012 I worked as a troubleshooting Digital Projects Director before taking up a post with Sangamo Ltd to manage their on-line channel.
I now manage all SEO activity and the Sangamo websites:- sangamodirect, sangamoheatingcontrols and roundpatterntimeswitch.
Read about our 90+ year history manufacturing Round Pattern Time Switches in the UK & our links back to World War II aircraft and 1890's Illinois, USA. Find out about the latest news, events, products and information about Sangamo & how to reduce your en
Digital Director at Ilpyondanshim
From May 1, 2012 and still in this role.
General Manager at Specialistere Scotland
From April 3, 2010 until May 1, 2012.
Head of E-Business at Argyll
From February 18, 2008 until December 31, 2009.
Head of New Media at Scottish Enterprise
From July 1, 2000 until February 17, 2008.
Web Manager at Compaq Computer Ltd
From February 1, 1998 until June 30, 2000.
Education and Qualifications
- Inbound Marketing Certificate (Honors Distinction)
- BA (hons) History 2:1
- HND video and multimedia production
- PRINCE2 Project management
- Post Graduate certificate in E-Business
Blog comments by David Farrell-Shaw
- 24 beautifully-designed web dashboards that data geeks will love, 16 Oct 2013
- Google's keyword data apocalypse: the experts' view, 25 Sep 2013
- 10 tips for improving ecommerce checkouts, 8 Dec 2012
Forum posts by David Farrell-Shaw
- SEO Consultant: Looking for recommendations, 2 Oct 2009
- SEO Consultant: Looking for recommendations, 28 Sep 2009
- Etail 3.0 - the evolution of online shopping (Marketing Week's article this week), 17 Aug 2009
- CMS advice , 17 Aug 2009
- CMS advice , 14 Aug 2009
- WordPress Business Themes, 12 Aug 2009
- Firefox usage and penetration statistics / figures, 20 Dec 2005
- Online Media Planning tools?, 13 Apr 2004
- Online Survey Tools, 24 Feb 2004