About the course
There is lots to consider when optimising 'on-page' for maximum visibility through search. From keyphrase research and query audits, to content strategy, page markup and site architecture. Getting all these things right is key to grabbing customers who know what they want, but not where to get it from.
Providing you with a structured process to improve your results from SEO, an industry expert will lead this one-day workshop, reviewing attendees' existing on-page optimisation approaches, analytics and tools against their top-performing competitors and best practice.
- Common issues and diagnostics
- The scientific method – hypothesis, isolating variables and testing
- Diagnostic tools and data variables to focus on
- Keyword research and fit with PPC
- Information Retrieval and Query Type Analysis
- Applying query-type learnings to copywriting and content strategy
- Introduction to content strategy – method approach and tools
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for search engine marketers with responsibilities for SEO, either at an agency or client-side, or for digital marketers getting to grips with the channel and keen to learn. You will need to have the experience of having worked on SEO projects to gain the most from the session. Digital marketing managers or agency account managers who need to be familiar with advanced approaches to review and discuss the current SEO strategies adopted by their staff or clients will also find this workshop useful.
You will already be familiar with the principles of SEO which are covered on our intermediate SEO Marketing course.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Audit your current approach against cutting-edge approaches using a structured process
- Identify and prioritise the quick wins and longer-term benefits
- Spot opportunities for improvements through freely available resources and tools
- Avoid "red flag" techniques which can result in a ranking penalty
What will I learn?
- Introduction - why Google changed the search landscape
- Technical SEO - diagnostics, tools, common issues and how to identify
- Technical SEO - Information Architecture - best - practise IA, common issues and solutions
- Advanced Keyword Research and information retrieval and query type classification
- The social graph - XFN rel attributes, schema and sematic mark-up
- Introduction to Content Strategy
0207 269 1470, firstname.lastname@example.org