|Job Title||Social Customer Care Consultant|
|Registered Since||25 Oct 2005|
|Areas of Expertise||Online Customer Service, Social, Community Management, Strategy & Operations|
I'm trying my best to understand this thing called 'social' and how it is changing the way companies and customers communicate with each other. I am a Social Customer Care Consultant at IBM. Previously worked at Capgemini, The Carphone Warehouse, Mars, Inc. While at The Carphone Warehouse I set up the use of social media within customer service. I've worked in the digital space since about 1997 and covered a variety of roles over the years.
I was recently voted on Huff Posts Top 100 Most Social Customer Service Pros On Twitter and have been described very kindly by Dr Dave Chaffey as one of the world's leading thinkers on social customer care.
I also run a LinkedIn group - 'Where Social Media Meets Customer Service' ; Founding Council Member of BestServiceOne.com, the customer service portal for CustomerThink.com ; write a blog about social customer care - Beingguy1067.com ; run a social customer care weekly - Simplicity of Service - using paper.li ; tweet as @guy1067 ; and am lucky enough to be invited to speak at conferences and write articles for various publications.
Foviance is a cross-channel customer experience consultancy to the world's leading brands specialising in usability, accessibility, business analytics and user research consulting.
My blog with occasional postings about my observations on customer service, customer experience, online help and support and the impact of social media particularly Twitter on them.
Please feel free to connect.
Tweets from my personal account. Please feel free to follow if you find them interesting.
The various links to who I am and what I am doing online and elsewhere.
Senior Consultant at Foviance
From April 6, 2010 and still in this role.
Customer Knowledge Manager at Carphone Warehouse
From September 1, 2008 until April 3, 2010.
Global Online Marketing Manager at Mars Drinks [Mars, Inc]
From February 1, 2005 until August 31, 2008.
Education and Qualifications
Master of Studies (Oxon, 1995)
Blog posts and comments by Guy Stephens
- Social customer care: Mayday, Vine and hope, 30 Sep 2013
- Five tips for brands acting like publishers, 25 Jul 2013
- Social customer service: the challenge for brands in 2013, 3 Jun 2013
- Our Modern Marketing Manifesto: will you sign?, 9 May 2013
- Social customer service: a best practice checklist, 2 Mar 2012
- Why social customer service will come of age in 2012, 11 Jan 2012
- Why is multichannel customer service important? , 16 Sep 2011
- 44% prefer email for customer service: survey, 16 Sep 2011
- Do we invest in multichannel or get the basics right?, 1 Jul 2011
- Ten ways marketers can use QR Codes, 5 Apr 2011
Forum posts by Guy Stephens
- CRM book recommendation, 3 Sep 2009
- How should companies use Social Media?, 3 Sep 2009
- Help with Online Segmentation , 18 Aug 2009
- Impact of social media on the future of customer service?, 17 Jun 2009
- Companies based in Norway and looking for good people?, 1 May 2009