|Organisation||immediate future- social media consultancy|
|Member Since||19 Jul 2002|
|Areas of Expertise||Content Marketing and Strategy, Social Media, Community Management, Strategy and Planning, Online PR|
Email:Telephone: +44 845 4082 031
Katy is a recognised authority in social communications and MD of social media agency, immediate future. With over 20 years experience in media and marketing, Katy’s passion for digital communications pioneered social media initiatives as far back as 2004 for clients including EMI, Sony Europe and Hotel Chocolat.
She helps brands engage successfully with consumers, stakeholders and influencers using proven social media models and roadmaps that complement and support company goals. In advising brands on their approach to enterprise social media, Katy also works closely with businesses to set frameworks, recommend strategies and design communication blueprints. Ultimately, helping companies create robust, measureable initiatives, whilst managing the risk to reputation.
She speaks around the world at marketing and digital events; trains for the Institute of Direct Marketing (Diploma and Certificate) and Chartered Institute of Marketing; and is an ambassador on IAB social media council and is a founding member of the CIPR social media panel. And she brings this expertise alongside her practical know-how to deliver company training that transforms social media capabilities in the workplace.
Katy’s social media expertise spans a wide range of industries with clients including; BT, Diageo, Epson Europe, HSBC , NSPCC, BBC, Cancer Research, Kinder Bueno, Ubisoft, Mirror Group, Sara Lee, bmibaby, and AVG.
IF blog: From social business to social media campaign
The immediate future blog is all about the detail of social media. Working with some of the biggest brands around the world we help implement social business and manage social campaigns and communities. And it is in our blog that we share real world i
Blog comments by Katy Howell
- 17 digital marketing and ecommerce trends for 2013 by Econsultancy CEO Ashley Friedlein, 9 Jan 2013
- 10 reasons why customer service has failed to wake up to social media, 15 Mar 2012
- B2B social media is easy (honest!), 7 Mar 2012
- Leveraging the synergies: death to PRspeak , 2 Feb 2009
- Why online PR and SEO go hand in hand, 16 Mar 2007
Forum posts by Katy Howell
- List of the Top 10 Social Media Agencies / Consultancies in the UK, 31 Mar 2011
- Cost of promotional bloggs, 5 Sep 2008
- Please recommend a top notch SEO CMS or should I go for a blog-based site?, 24 Mar 2008
- PR and sudonym names, 16 Mar 2008
- Please recommend a top notch SEO CMS or should I go for a blog-based site?, 13 Feb 2007
- Please recommend a top notch SEO CMS or should I go for a blog-based site?, 12 Feb 2007
- Advice please: Is a screen grab of a website an infringement of copyright or IP?, 12 Dec 2006
- Advice please: Is a screen grab of a website an infringement of copyright or IP?, 8 Dec 2006
- Blogs - I don't get it., 6 Sep 2006
- Blogging, monitoring and the buzz, 23 Jun 2006