|Organisation||Only Dead Fish|
|Subscription Level||Small Business|
|Registered Since||26 Jul 2010|
|Areas of Expertise||Online Advertising, Community Management, Strategy & Operations|
Neil is a renowned blogger, writer and the founder of Only Dead Fish, a digital and media consultancy that specialises in applying strategic understanding of social and emerging media technologies to help businesses innovate and optimise their effectiveness within the new, networked communications environment.
Neil has over 20 years media owner experience and was latterly the Director of Marketing, Strategy and Digital for IPC Media, the largest consumer publisher in the UK and publisher of multimedia brands including Wallpaper, Marie Claire and the NME. In this capacity Neil ran award-winning strategy, planning and consumer insight functions and was at the centre of defining and implementing the digital strategy for one of the largest media owners in the UK.
Neil has been active in the social media space for a number of years and his blog, ‘Only Dead Fish’, is one of the most popular and authoritative media and marketing blogs in the UK, as ranked by Advertising Age. He is a writer, commentator and a regular keynote speaker on content strategy, emerging media, digital commercial strategy and social technologies, and an associate of The Futures Agency, a collaboration of some of the world's leading media thinkers and futurists.
Neil has won more industry awards than just about anyone in UK media, with five awards to his name including a Campaign Award, two Media Week Awards and an Association of Online Publishers award.
Blog posts and comments by Neil Perkin
- What every digital leader needs to know about securing board buy-in, 20 Nov 2013
- The agile innovation imperative: agile grows up, 23 Oct 2013
- Digital marketing structures: the end of the digital beginning?, 10 Sep 2013
- Digital marketing structures: the end of the digital beginning?, 9 Sep 2013
- Eight highlights from the Future Of Digital Marketing Malaysia, 11 Jun 2013
- Our Modern Marketing Manifesto: will you sign?, 8 May 2013
- Developing a model for agency maturity in a digital world, 17 Apr 2012
- Will 2012 be 'T-Shaped'?, 19 Dec 2011
- The ticking digital talent time bomb, 12 Dec 2011
- Six ways to bring Agile Innovation into your company, 23 Feb 2011