...Neolane research survey of Europe’s marketers indicates that by 2014, around three times as many brands as today, will offer their customers real-time web site experiences...
TWICKENHAM, UK – March 25th 2013 – Conversational marketing technology provider Neolane, today announced the results of a new research survey into the current and planned marketing strategies of 600 marketers from across Europe, including the UK. Focusing upon brands’ current and future plans for enabling their customers to experience personalised marketing messages when engaging over digital platforms, results are presented in the Neolane infographic: “Personalised Digital Marketing: What Really Works,” at: http://bit.ly/WBhr9m
The main finding of the survey is that brands are moving rapidly towards offering customers a personalised digital marketing experience, and that they are motivated to do so by expectations of improving loyalty and a swift return on investment (ROI). The three most effective ways of acquiring the necessary customer intelligence to enable the presentation of customised experiences are seen to be data gathered through having a ‘complete customer profile,’ monitoring ‘purchase behaviour,’ and ‘web behaviour.’
The survey results suggest that:
• By 2014, around three times as many brands as today, will offer their customers real-time web site experiences.
• Fewer than 1 in 20 marketers doubt the ROI potential of web personalisation.
• Of those that have invested in delivering personalised web experiences, more than half recouped the cost of the investment ‘within months,’ rather than years.
• Most invest in personalisation expecting improved customer loyalty, prospect to customer conversion rates and heightened cross- and up-sell potential.
• Many marketers are cautious however. Nearly three quarters of those charged with creating more personalised web experiences, have allocated a budget below €50k.
• After the web, personalisation of email, call centre and point-of-sale experiences are seen by marketers as their priorities today, but by 2014 most expect social and mobile content personalisation to become their main focus, after the web.
“Once they opt-in to personalised experiences, today’s consumers expect to be recognised by the brands they purchase from and to be presented with relevant content and offers,” said Martin Smith, head of marketing at Neolane UK. “The survey indicates that delivering a personalised web and email experience will become the ‘norm’ for European brands and that social and mobile personalisation too should be on every marketers’ horizon.”
He continued: “Brands that have not yet grasped how to build the processes that deliver personalised customer experiences could be undermining customer loyalty and profitability, perhaps also risking the loss of market share to more innovative competitors.”
Neolane provides the only conversational marketing technology that empowers organisations to build and sustain one-to-one lifetime dialogues, dramatically increasing revenue and marketing efficiency.
An infographic explaining the results can be viewed at: http://bit.ly/WBhr9m
Neolane provides the only conversational marketing technology that empowers organizations to build and sustain one-to-one lifetime dialogues, dramatically increasing revenue and marketing efficiency. Born digital, with best-in-class email and inbound-outbound channel fusion capabilities architected into a single code-based platform, marketers achieve results in record time. Neolane is easy to use for both power and casual users, but powerful enough to drive the most sophisticated marketing strategies. Future proof, Neolane has a track record of enabling its customers to adapt to new customer engagement challenges and exploit opportunities more quickly than their competition. Neolane is used by more than 400 of the world’s leading companies including Alcatel Lucent, barnesandnoble.com, Sears Canada, Sephora Europe and Sony Music. Visit www.neolane.com and read our blog The Cross-Channel Conversation.
# # #
Copyright © 2013 Neolane. All Rights Reserved. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
Harris Communications (for Neolane UK)
Phone: +44 (0) 1395 516 613
Published on: 10:32AM on 25th March 2013