|Date||13th February 2008 (9:00am – 2:00pm)|
|Venue||BSG House, London, United Kingdom|
|Duration||About 5 hours|
About the event
The rapid growth of digital marketing as a discipline has fuelled a huge growth in demand for training, and responsibility for sourcing. This often falls on the HR department.
Without exposure to the digital industry, HR professionals can find themselves lacking a real understanding of the skills required, how these fit into current job roles, what some of the jargon means, or even why digital is important. Ensuring they ask the right questions to get the best for their staff and make an informed choice of supplier can be a real challenge.
Our half day session aims to demystify the world of digital marketing for HR professionals. We will explain the key elements of digital, where they fit in and how to ensure your training partner delivers what your organisation needs. We will also be looking at how digital could affect you in your HR role, from gaining a greater insight into potential employees, to the issues and pitfalls faced by your company as people become more willing to share information online.
The morning will finish with lunch and the opportunity to network with other HR professionals who have experienced similar issues.
9:00 – Registration
9:15 – Introduction
09:30 – Jargon-busting session
• A whirlwind tour of the web and what all those words mean
• The questions to ask (and answer) when buying digital training
10:00 – Digital Teams
• Understand who does what in your company’s digital teams
• When does training become important for everyone else and what do they need?
• Account directors/managers
• Senior management/directors
10:45 – Case study
• How we build a digital training programme
• Successes and outcomes
11:20 – Coffee
11:40 – Continues
• How social media is affecting HR
• Beyond the CV: how social media can help you identify potential candidates and provide additional personal and professional information (that they might not want you to see!)
12:30 – Using Digital in HR
Kevin Eyres, LinkedIn
13:00 – Questions
13:15 – Lunch
14:00 – Close
firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 681 4122