About the course
In the UK we watch over 280 million hours of video each month, with that figure still growing. Video offers businesses huge opportunities to develop both a richer customer experience and develop new marketing opportunities.
This video production course will show you how to get your online video ideas produced quickly and cost-effectively without sacrificing impact.
Some of the reasons why organisations use video on the web include:
- Marketing product or services
- Brand or product launches
- Media, blogger and social media relations
- Video news releases
- Crisis and reputation management
- Content for websites
- Talking heads or interviews
- Thought leadership
- Client testimonials
- Meet the team
With such wide-ranging applications, if you are not using video in your promotional mix it's time you did. This course will help you ensure that your videos are impactful for your audiences and visible through search and social media.
You will learn the skills needed to present and produce your own web videos and ensure that they are distributed effectively and 'findable' for your audiences.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for marketing professionals, PR professionals, bloggers and journalists who want to reach and engage with customers using video. The session is suitable for all business sizes and across all sectors.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Make your own online video content on a budget
- Distribute your videos through social media and searches for maximum reach and return on investment
- Select suitable equipment and technology for shooting, editing and optimising your videos
What will I learn?
The course covers:
- What is 'video for the web'?
- What are the different styles of video production
- What style is best for you?
- Introduction to different recording devices
- How to find the best camera for you
- How to use the camera
- The creative process:
- Briefing a crew
- Examples of best practise
- Different shots
- Top tips when shooting
- How to copy files from the camera to computer
- How to edit in iMovie, Finalcut etc
- How to compress a file
- How to upload to video platforms
- How to post to your blog and other owned online assets
- How To upload to multiple platforms simultaneously
- 'Go Shoot' - group based hands-on filming assignment
- Critique of group assignment and additional practical tips
- Making your video visible and marketing video content
- Video websites and how to use them
- Optimising video for search engines/SEO
- Distribution sites and aggregators
- Tracking video views and usage using analytics, TubeMogul, etc.
- Introduction to Live Streaming
The Video Production for the Web course is complemented by our Video Strategy for the Web course, which will show you show you how to develop the right video strategy, the right content and the right techniques for increasing traffic, views and, ultimately, conversions.
These courses can be attended individually or in conjunction to enable you to get the most out of your online video content. Book Online Video Strategies and Video Production for the Web together for £995 + VAT (excluding any Econsultancy membership discount).
Contact email@example.com to reserve your places or for further information.