|Job Title||International Specialist|
|Organisation||Gullivers Sports Travel|
|Registered Since||19 Sep 2013|
International Specialist, Gullivers Sports Travel/Edwin Doran Sports Tours/Tui Travel – Jun 12 – Pres
· Following my success with Teamlink I was promoted and transferred to work on behalf of 2 larger companies within the TTSS Ltd sector (part of Tui Travel), Gullivers Sports Travel and Edwin Doran Sports Tours, in which I was appointed as the International Specialist. Using the same reservation/reporting systems as before, my new role was to work with all international (overseas) clients to not only sell tours however to also run the operation of each tour.
· This position saw me not only working directly with overseas groups, however working with agents based across the world to sell and organise tours mainly to UK and Europe along with many other destinations.
· I was in charge of running and monitoring my own desk with regards to generating new sales leads and opportunities in order to reach sales targets, along with being set an operational target where I was focused on the upselling of inclusions and negotiating best rates to increase GP post point of sale.
· It was also my responsibility to follow up with groups and agents post tour to gather feedback so that I can assess the strengths and weakness in order to improve upon the products being offered and organised.
· In order to stay ahead of the market place, it was within my remit to research/develop new products and structure the best strategy to advertise to new and existing clients in order for us to keep our market leader status.
· As a ‘fresh face’ with new creative ideas I also lead the development and rebranding of presentations and tools used by the sales teams along with delivering constant training with programs such as Powerpoint.
· The role has taught me the importance of clear and concise communication, especially in difficulty situations when dealing with customers whose first language is different to myself, and the importance of looking at attention to details throughout the entire sales and operations process.
Education and Qualifications
2005 – 2010 BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science (2 Class Honours – 2 Division)
School of Science and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton, NG11 8NS
2003 – 2005 Bromsgrove School:- A Levels and AVCE’s
AVCE Leisure and Recreation (A), AVCE Business Studies (B), Physical Education (C)
1998 – 2003 Bishops Of Hereford Bluecoat School:-G.C.S.E.’s
10 G.C.S.E.’s gained - including; Maths (B), English Language (B) English Lit (C), Double award Science (CC)