About the course
Econsultancy’s Email Marketing Census highlights that almost three-quarters of companies rate email marketing as “excellent‟ or “good‟ in terms of return on investment. However, the Email Marketing Census also shows that marketers are becoming complacent by continuing to overlook email marketing best practice, even though they are sending significantly more emails and spending more budget on this channel.
This course will help you to develop your email marketing campaigns by covering a range of prevalent issues including identifying costly mistakes, using appropriate behavioural targeting, integrating email with your offline activities and assessing your newsletter effectiveness. You will leave the day with a sharpened email strategy having reviewed the effectiveness of your email communications.
Email is still an important means of talking to your customers – but you’ve got to make your communications stand out and actually get read.
This practical course will demonstrate how results and deliverability can be significantly improved by addressing common issues within all aspects of email marketing, from planning, setting realistic objectives and strategies, through to improving deliverability, ensuring your emails actually reach your target audience and testing - making sure that you'll be able to continually improve your campaigns, boosting results and profitability.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those with limited experience of email marketing looking to improve their knowledge of the channel, or anyone who manages email marketing campaigns and wants better results from their communications.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Dramatically improve your email marketing results
- Sharpen your email marketing strategy, use testing techniques and evaluate ROI
- Ensure your emails reach their target audience
- Use registration and click stream data to personalise your campaigns
- Identify and avoid costly email marketing mistakes
What will I learn?
- Email marketing planning
- Setting realistic objectives
- Reviewing options for email communications preferences and profiles
- Defining an appropriate touch strategy
- Getting the most from your list through segmentation and targeting
- Strategies to improve deliverability
- Briefing on the latest privacy laws, guidelines and codes
- Improving email campaign results
- Defining multi-message campaigns
- Multichannel marketing - integrating email with offline marketing
- Using behavioural / response-based targeting
- Improving newsletter results
- Assessing current newsletter effectiveness beyond open and click rates
- Matching content and offers to audiences to achieve results
- Integrating newsletter and campaign activity
- Improving your newsletter templates to increase response
Plan to Engage
Kath Pay co-founded Ezemail, one of the pioneers of the email marketing industry in Australia in 2001, and expanded it into a global organisation in five years. In the twelve years that she has worked in the sector both as an ESP and as digital and email marketing consultant, Kath has played an integral part in making email marketing the successful channel that it is today, not only in the UK but also in Europe and the USA.
Kath is currently chair of the Events and Communications Hub of the UK DMA's Email Marketing Council and is editor of its newsletter Infobox which has 6000 subscribers. In addition she is a regular blogger on many industry blogs, and speaks at both national and international industry events.
firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 269 1470
An ideal follow-on from our Email Marketing course, our Email Marketing - Advanced course takes a more in-depth look at email marketing strategy. You will also have the opportunity to submit examples of your email marketing campaigns beforehand to be reviewed by an industry expert, who will provide practical feedback for improvements.