About the course
Planning web projects can be a complex task - different work streams such as content creation, usability, design, front-end coding and back-end development all have different constraints and dependencies. Using the best techniques from traditional approaches such as Prince2 and newer Agile methods, this course includes a large exercise/workshop allowingyou to create a robust plan for your project in class, by enabling parallel development, reducing dependencies and allowing for the inevitable changes in requirements during the course of the project.
This course is only available to those who have already taken our Web Project Management - Fundamentals training or those familiar with Agile project management. Save up to 20% when booking a combination of our three project management courses.
Concentrating on the planning and setup phases of web projects, this workshop reveals how breaking a big project into smaller phases can deliver early return on investment as well as helping to manage expectations and reduce risks. You will also learn to capture requirements in a way that won't leave doubt further down the line. In turn, having these well specified requirements will help you produce accurate budgets and timelines.
Who should attend?
This session is ideal for project managers who need to deliver enhancements to an existing site, or build a brand new site on-time and to-budget. It will also benefit web managers and team leaders on newly started projects where there is still uncertainty about the project plan, or account managers wishing to develop their planning skills.
This workshop is part of a series of three, the first is an overview of web project management and the other looks at avoiding common pitfalls. Please see the Relevant Courses section below for further details.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Use a planning method that is specifically tailored to web projects, which won't drown everyone in paperwork, but is strict enough to ensure a well-run project
- Develop an approach for dealing with uncertain initial requirements and scope that changes through the life of the project
- Consider the strategic goals and deliver a tactical plan to achieve these goals, allowing for testing phases and incorporating feedback
- Produce a plan that will result in an on-time and to-budget project
What will I learn?
The workshop covers:
- The important tasks in planning a project
- Capturing your requirements in a way appropriate to the project you are running
- Factoring robust estimates
- Mitigating against common dependencies such as content being delivered late
- Identifying risks and creating contingency
- Allowing enough time for testing
- Prioritising functionality to deliver best value for money
This course is only available to those who have already taken our Web Project Management - Fundamentals training or those familiar with Agile project management. This course is designed to be a follow on from our Web Project Management training and covers detailed planning and specification, allowing you to work with the trainer to create a project plan in class. Our third course, Web Project Management - Avoiding Disasters, introduces strategies for avoiding common pitfalls.
These courses can be attended together to equip you with a robust toolkit for meeting project challenges head on. Book Web Project Management along with one of the other sessions for £995 + VAT. Book all three for £1395 + VAT (excluding any Econsultancy membership discount).
Contact us directly at , or call 020 7269 1470 to reserve your spaces.