The Effective Web Design guide is more than 350 pages in length - and we believe it to be one of the most comprehensive reports of its kind available. It provides you with a steer on all the key aspects of website design, ranging from conception and design, through to subjects such as usability and search engine optimisation.
It is intended as a single point of reference covering best practice approaches for all the topics that anyone involved with website design needs.
About this guide
This guide to web design covers all the key topics we believe are essential to effective web design.
We have structured the document around all the aspects necessary to create a balanced design and build web project. These are broken down into six parts which we have made available as separate sections for ease of reference:
- Strategy and planning
- User-centred design and usability
- Accessibility and web standards
- Information architecture
- Persuasive design, copywriting and web analytics
- Implementation and management
Within this, numerous topics are extensively covered, including:
- User-centred design and usability
- Internet marketing planning and improvement process
- Information architecture and findability
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Web standards
- Persuasion to deliver business results
- Web analytics
- Legal requirements
Who this guide is for
Our guide will help you if you are involved in commissioning, designing or managing a website.
If you are commissioning a website, this guide will give you:
- Templates for developing a brief for a new website
- Full details on all the business requirements a website must deliver
- What to look for in an agency when selecting the core competencies such as visual design, usability, accessibility, information architecture, persuasion and search engine optimisation.
If you are involved in designing a website, this guide will give you:
- Best practice guidelines for all key aspects of website design including: visual design, usability, accessibility, information architecture, persuasion and search engine optimisation. Benchmark your agency's capabilities against best practice.
- A detailed reference for implementation of practical features of websites including home page design, page template layout, navigation, on-site search, search engine optimisation.
- Inspiration on different design approaches for a range of different sites and features.
- A review of your capabilities against what businesses are looking for, so helping you pitch more effectively and design better quality sites
If you are managing a website, this guide will give you:
- A framework to benchmark your site design against competitors.
- Practical tips on improvements for different aspects of your site like the home page, page templates, navigation and search functionality.
- Best practice in persuasion through refining your key marketing messages and how they are communicated.
How much does this report cost?
You can purchase just this report for $695.
However, become a Small Business subscriber and you get total access to all our research for as little as $795.
As a Small Business subscriber you get complete access to 700+ of our research reports for a whole year. This includes all past research and all the new research we publish during the year.
Get access to Econsultancy's multi award-winning research and guides. You join our community of the world's leading digital marketing and e-commerce practitioners. Read testimonials from other subscribers to see how valuable they find Econsultancy as a resource to help them become smarter digital marketers.
Cheapest and fastest way to get this report: Become a Small Business subscriber now »
Consider your options: Find out more about why you should subscribe