About the course
This one-day workshop looks at the effect of social media and web 2.0 on marketing communications and public relations and provides valuable hands-on techniques and tools to understand and harness the opportunities of User Generated Content.
Using a combination of reputation monitoring and mapping tools, and reviewing examples of best practice social media marketing and online PR, delegates will come away with a solid understanding of how to plan and manage their communications in an age of digital networks.
"I can't wait to get back into the office to start planning our PR and social media marketing strategy. We will definitely include what we learnt from this excellent training workshop." - B. Murray Canvas Holidays
If you're experienced in putting social media and online PR tools and techniques to effective practical use, our Advanced social media course may be of interest.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for those at manager and executive level:
- Public Relations professionals
- Communications professionals
- Marketing professionals
- Digital marketing professionals
- E-commerce professionals
How will I benefit?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how Online PR/social media can integrate with other marketing disciplines
- Asses the relevance of social media and User Generated Content and plan and develop an online PR and social media strategy for your organisation, brand, client
- Understand how to map your online audiences and identify and monitor conversations and reputation online
- Identify and evaluate PR opportunities and threats from social media and user generated content
- Participate in networks through 'social objects', 'social currency' and 'conversationalists'
What will I learn?
- How to make your brand/ organisation/clients more visible in search and through networks
- How to proactively engage with stakeholders and enhance your brand reputation online
- How to audit and monitor the online environment - what is being said about your brand/ organisation/industry, identifying 'traditional' media targets and other influencers and their networks
- To appreciate the risks and opportunities of social media engagement and develop strong strategies for reducing the risk of negative brand perception
Key Learning Outcomes
- Online PR and social media tools and techniques to maximise visibility and monitor online conversations
- Engage with your audiences and develop strategies to manage negative brand perception
- Evaluate and Measure online pr and social media campaigns
If you're already experienced in putting the tools and techniques of social media and online PR into practice at work, our Social Engagement Strategy Advanced Workshop might be of interest.
Focusing on understanding social media in the wider context of cross-functional communications and customer behaviour, the course provides a strategic understanding of the social media landscape and delves into issues such as effective buzz creation, measurement, and the implications of including social media in a multichannel strategy. Delegates will also benefit from an expert review of one of their campaigns. Attendance at the standard course, or significant experience of running social media campaigns is strongly recommended and previous attendees are given first priority.
; +44 (0)20 7269 1450