|Job Title||Social Business Consultant|
|Member Since||25 Oct 2005|
|Areas of Expertise||Online Customer Service, Social Media, Community Management, Strategy and Planning|
I'm trying my best to understand this thing called 'social' and how it is changing the way companies and customers communicate with each other. I am a Social Business Consultant at IBM. Previously worked at Capgemini, The Carphone Warehouse, Mars, Inc. While at The Carphone Warehouse I set up the use of social media within customer service. I've worked in the digital space since about 1997 and covered a variety of roles over the years.
Outside of work I run a couple of LinkedIn groups - 'Where Social Media Meets Customer Service' and 'Social Media Governance Forum' ; Founding Council Member of BestServiceOne.com, the customer service portal for CusotmerThink.com ; write a blog about social customer care - Beingguy1067.com ; tweet as @guy1067 ; and am lucky enough to be invited to speak at conferences and write articles for various publications.
Foviance is a cross-channel customer experience consultancy to the world's leading brands specialising in usability, accessibility, business analytics and user research consulting.
My blog with occasional postings about my observations on customer service, customer experience, online help and support and the impact of social media particularly Twitter on them.
Please feel free to connect.
Tweets from my personal account. Please feel free to follow if you find them interesting.
The various links to who I am and what I am doing online and elsewhere.
Senior Consultant at Foviance
From April 6, 2010 and still in this role.
Customer Knowledge Manager at Carphone Warehouse
From September 1, 2008 until April 3, 2010.
Global Online Marketing Manager at Mars Drinks [Mars, Inc]
From February 1, 2005 until August 31, 2008.
Education and Qualifications
Master of Studies (Oxon, 1995)
Blog posts and comments by Guy Stephens
- Our Modern Marketing Manifesto: will you sign?, 9 May 2013
- Social customer service: a best practice checklist, 2 Mar 2012
- Why social customer service will come of age in 2012, 11 Jan 2012
- Why is multichannel customer service important? , 16 Sep 2011
- 44% prefer email for customer service: survey, 16 Sep 2011
- Do we invest in multichannel or get the basics right?, 1 Jul 2011
- Ten ways marketers can use QR Codes, 5 Apr 2011
- Customer service: closing the loop shouldn’t mean knotting the noose, 26 Jan 2011
- Hey, Qantas: business basics come before social media, 30 Nov 2010
- Tips from AT&T on mining Twitter for customer service issues, 5 Nov 2010
Forum posts by Guy Stephens
- CRM book recommendation, 3 Sep 2009
- How should companies use Social Media?, 3 Sep 2009
- Help with Online Segmentation , 18 Aug 2009
- Impact of social media on the future of customer service?, 17 Jun 2009
- Companies based in Norway and looking for good people?, 1 May 2009