Job of the week
Most popular posts this month
- 24 beautifully-designed web dashboards that data geeks will love
- The top 16 social media fails of 2013
- 10 simple responsive WordPress themes for small businesses and blogs
- 20 beautiful examples of persuasive ecommerce design
- 15 tiny UX elements that can make a big difference
- Five Google Analytics dashboards and custom reports for small businesses
Most commented posts this month
- 2014: the mobile SEO timebomb 30 comments
- The top 16 social media fails of 2013 22 comments
- Will the number of consumer reviews in PPC ads affect credibility? 22 comments
- Content marketing the Google Hummingbird way 21 comments
- 15 tiny UX elements that can make a big difference 21 comments
- 2014: The year content marketing finally grows up? 19 comments
Popular blog tags (by posts)
I have over twenty year’s experience of the data market spread across a multi-national career. I originally established myself within the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) arena in Africa. In the early 90’s I spent time working at Standard Bank of South Africa whereI helped build a Single Customer View. This is where I evolved my passion for all things data.
My next step saw me become co-founder of marketing consultancy Intact Solutions, spending 5 years as Managing Director growing the business to become market leader in the provision of database marketing solutions, before selling to South African's largest listed media conglomerate Primedia.
In 2001 I joined Database Group in the UK and subsequently facilitated the purchase of both Database Group and the email division, Database Group Interactive. I’ve recently overseen the rebrand of both companies to bring them under the banner of dbg to reflect the growing importance of what I like to call “Direct, digital and data: The holy trinity”.