I have over twenty year’s experience of the data market spread across a multi-national career. I originally established myself within the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) arena in Africa. In the early 90’s I spent time working at Standard Bank of South Africa whereI helped build a Single Customer View. This is where I evolved my passion for all things data.
My next step saw me become co-founder of marketing consultancy Intact Solutions, spending 5 years as Managing Director growing the business to become market leader in the provision of database marketing solutions, before selling to South African's largest listed media conglomerate Primedia.
In 2001 I joined Database Group in the UK and subsequently facilitated the purchase of both Database Group and the email division, Database Group Interactive. I’ve recently overseen the rebrand of both companies to bring them under the banner of dbg to reflect the growing importance of what I like to call “Direct, digital and data: The holy trinity”.
Job of the week
Most popular posts this month
- Introducing the Modern Marketing Manifesto
- How should you respond to awkward customers on social media?
- 14 fantastic scrolling websites that tell a story
- 70+ epic social media case studies, stats, blog posts and more
- Eight ways Google Universal Analytics will change the way businesses use data
- 10 of the best social media campaigns from 2012
Most commented posts this month
- Our Modern Marketing Manifesto: will you sign? 163 comments
- How should you respond to awkward customers on social media? 69 comments
- Is Primark mad to ignore ecommerce? 37 comments
- Is guest blogging becoming risky? 29 comments
- Why SEO still has a place in a content driven world 18 comments
- Five lovely new features that mean Google Plus is about to take hold 17 comments