Here is my 'expert' opinion are the best Vines created by brands in 2013.
Although seeing as Vine has only existed for approximately 11 months, here are the best branded examples from the entire existence of the service. That sounds far more impressive.
What makes a good branded Vine? Well, I'm glad you asked...
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Hanukkah! Happy Thanksgivukkah! Uh... Happy Black Friday!?
Even with that opening salvo of well-wishing I feel like I'm still missing people. Hey, Happy ruddy Friday everyone!
Sit back, relax, pop on your work headphones (you're not sat on the back of a bus after all), and take a look at these 16 brilliant new Vines from brands, all collected during November 2013. Plus there's a Thanksgiving bonus at the end.
Then if that's not enough, check out October's 10 best new examples of branded Vines when you're done.
According to mobile analytics firm Flurry, the amount of time U.S. consumers spend per day interacting with mobile apps surpassed time spent browsing the web in 2011.
In 2013, television will be the target. This month, the average consumers has spent 168 minutes each day in front of the small screen and 127 minutes in front of the even smaller screen. If mobile apps continue their march next year, they could conceivably leave television in the rear view mirror.
Selling has become tougher. Consumers are more sophisticated and competition more aggressive. We now use multiple touch points and we’ve become immune to age-old models of closing.
In this new age of cynicism, how can marketers cut through and deliver more valuable, immersive experiences and what research techniques should underpin these?
Consider this, just 5% of the brain represents what we consciously process and traditional market research can access. What we subconsciously process accounts for the remaining 95%.
So, if our subconscious is smarter and faster than our conscious mind, why doesn’t more of today’s user experience and communications planning seek to tap into subconscious emotions?
The countless brands trying to figure out how to take advantage of Facebook and produce an ROI received some good news, and bad news, today.
The good news: the world's largest social network is reportedly looking at ways to open itself up to preteens. The bad news: the world's largest social network is reportedly looking at ways to open itself up to preteens.
Kermit the Frog took over Disney UK’s Twitter feed yesterday to promote the new Muppet movie.
As part of Disney's marketing around the film’s London premiere fans could post questions using the hashtag #AskKermit.
Hundreds of people took part, including actor Stephen Fry, and the hashtag was in the top ten trends on Thursday.
Not too long ago, one could track the e-reader and tablet markets separately and have a legitimate reason to do so.
It was clear that the Kindle, for instance, was not the iPad, and the iPad was not the
But as technology evolves and hardware prices continue to fall, the differences
between e-readers and tablets is shrinking and it appears that both
markets are, for all intents and purposes, converging rapidly.
makes for an interesting battle between Apple and, well, everyone else.
Social games are ridiculously popular with Facebook users, which is making them just as popular with marketers. If you’re
thinking of adding a social game to your marketing mix in 2011, take
some tips from big brand expert Disney in terms of how to get it
Disney has teamed with Booyah, developer of the game Nightclub City, to promote its upcoming film TRON: Legacy.
Thanks to the rise of massive social networks, namely Facebook, and a
multi-billion dollar virtual currency market, social gaming has become
one of the hottest spaces on the consumer internet.
But there's another reason social gaming is so hot: it is putting the
'casual' back into the concept of 'casual gaming'. Through social games
like Farmville and Mafia Wars, millions upon millions of non-gamers
have become gamers. In the process, social games are potentially
reshaping the gaming industry more broadly.
At this time a year ago, the global economy was imploding. We were in uncharted territory. Banks were on the brink. Lending dried up. Private equity was sitting tight. The wheels of the financial markets had stopped moving.
Flash forward to today. While there's still lots of debate about what the future holds and there's good reason to believe that we're not out of the woods yet, in some industries executives are feeling more confident. In the tech and media worlds, there are signs of life in the M&A markets.