|Job Title||Marketing manager|
|Registered Since||17 Oct 2010|
|Areas of Expertise||Email Marketing, Lead Generation, Multichannel Marketing, Community Management, Strategy & Operations|
A passionate and resourceful marketer with extensive experience in online marketing, product development, customer acquisition and retention techniques. A track record of delivering award-winning, integrated marketing strategies that bring together cross-functional teams and return measurable and scalable growth.
Experian PLC (Consumer division)
A leading global information services company, helping consumers improve their finances and protect themselves from identity theft. A portfolio of digital products with significant growth over the last five years.
Marketing Manager – Lead generation. July 2010 - Present
· Consumer facing, online experience strategy, tailoring appropriate mortgage, loan and credit card deals to customer’s credit ratings utilising Experian data. Maximising traffic, improving conversion and increasing revenue per leads has produced over 100% year on year revenue growth.
· Customer acquisition and traffic building strategy including SEO, PPC, acquisition, email and display channels. Creative and landing page testing programme that has delivered 30% increase in conversion from the mortgages vertical.
· Planning and budgetary accountability and responsibility for the P&L, with line management for a team of two direct reports. Leadership of cross-functional internal teams, third party partner relationships and outsourced agencies, I chair weekly trading meetings with senior management stakeholders and assign actions in relation to key performance indicators.
· Product pipeline and proposition development; launching energy and debt management in the last two months. Defining product developments through the product lifecycle, including new cross-sell functionality which has increased our cross-sell ratio by 15%.
· Conversion funnel testing programme, using Multivariate and A/B testing across all verticals utilising Google Optimiser. My team manages the optimisation programme including register, pipeline and test planning workshops. 50% conversion uplift over the last year from results page recipes.
Customer Marketing Manager – Subscriptions marketing. June 2008 – July 2010
· Customer marketing and communication strategy for over a million customers. Email, Direct Mail, Mobile, Telesales channels and user journey optimisation. I’ve established welcome programmes, behavioural automated triggers, web and lifecycle campaigns, incorporating dynamic content to profiled customer segments. Over 80% conversion uplift from a split test deep linking to the most relevant site content.
· Lead contact for social media and emerging channels strategy. Experian spokesperson and Keynote speaker for conferences and events in 2010. Building thought leadership in personal finance and identity fraud. Online reputation management through third party platforms, advocacy programmes from blogs, and educational videos. 25k unique views of recent YouTube video campaign.
· Work force planning and relationship building with internal, three-hundred strong call centre; complementing customer campaigns and increasing customer retention and cross-selling. 40% conversion rate uplift from lead generation up-sell pilot through improvements to agent’s customer profiling.
· CRM programme through Alterian and Cheetahmail partnership. Loyalty programme, data mining and modelling analysis to incorporate demographic, behavioural, transactional and web-usage data. Customer Lifetime Value has increased from £35 to £48 in the past year with customer tenure increasing by two months.
· Branding and loyalty project – Cross-functional working group, with a development pipeline to build more sustainable customer relationships with higher advocacy and satisfaction with Experian products.
Senior Product Marketing Executive – Product marketing - March 2007 – May 2008
· Producing accurate and logical business requirements documents, with clear prioritisation for site developments, features and content changes for all stages of the product lifecycle. An onsite customer competition promoted through customer communications via email, increased monthly reactivations by 30%.
· Regular SEM audits, including content and link building reviews inline with PPC campaigns. Two new keyword optimised pages ranked in the top three search results within two months.
· Price testing planning and implementation. Two subscription price increases executed with minimal affect on customer churn and Customer Lifetime value, through in-depth customer profile analysis.
· Implementation of Web analytics and reporting system tagging systems including, Webtrends, Lynchpin, Omniture, Google analytics, and Cheetahmail email reporting.
Haymarket Media Group
An Independent publishing company with market leading business and consumer magazines and websites.
Senior Marketing Executive. Feb 2005 – January 2007
· Subscription marketing and controlled circulation of market leading publications and websites.
Doubled the paying subscription base of a new medical journal in three months, short-listed for the PPA Best Mixed Media Subscriptions Marketing Campaign.
· Content management for Haymarket business subscriptions website, including optimisation of functionality, design/content, funnels, life-cycles, buying journeys and cart abandonment across a range of industry sectors.
Sales Executive Feb 2004 – Feb 2005
· Haymarket Management Graduate Scheme with comprehensive training and personal development, moving to phone and field sales account handling and negotiating media deals for a wide-ranging selection of clients.
Education and Qualifications
· IDM Diploma in Digital Marketing 2008
· PPA Short-listed “Best New Subscriptions Marketer” 2006
· IDM Certificate of Direct Marketing (Distinction) 2006
· BSc Honours, Marketing Management (2.1) 2003
Oxford Brookes University
· IDM Education Certificate of Direct Marketing 2003
Oxford Brookes University
· A’ Levels. Ipswich School 1999
Geography (B) History (C) Design (D)