|Job Title||Head of Product Management|
|Organisation||Rocket Internet SEA|
|Registered Since||16 Sep 2012|
|Areas of Expertise||Ecommerce, Mobile, User Experience and Usability, Web Analytics, Web Project Management|
Rocket Internet GMBH Singapore
June 2012 till Date
Product and Project Management for Brand Zalora
Product and Project Management for Brand Lazada
Rocket Internet is the world's largest e-commerce incubator. Founded / Co-founded Groupon, eBay Europe, Zalando, and Wimdu etc. early investors in Facebook, Homeaway and Linkedin. Run Iconic in Australia, Zalora E-Commerce Shops for Fashion in over 9 countries in SEA and Lazada E-Commerce Shops for Home and Consumer Goods in over 8 countries.
Product Management of 9 country Ventures – Zalora
Product and Project management of 5 Country Ventures - Lazada
Traffic: 8-10 million UV each per month
Handling development centers in Germany, Portugal and China who handle new features and requests and Bugs and Local Pm’s and developers.
All work done through Scrum Cycles and using Agile (System used across Rocket Jira)
Advertising using tracking tools GA, Sociomantic, Webtrekk, Doubleclick (Floodlight) , Criteo, Adwords, GA Ecommerce and GDN
Product Development and New Feature Development:
Loyalty Program GRS Canada – White Label
Installments Scheme being developed for local venture with Banks
Shared Code Base
Conde Nast India
October 2011 May 2012
Senior Manager – Head Online Backend Technology and Architecture
Online Backend Technology and Architecture at Conde Nast Digital currently online Vogue.in, Gqindia.com, CnTraveller.in, Architecturedigest.in, Wired.in ( to be launched)
Homeideaz.in -Home Décor Portal
January 2009-October 2011
(As CTO/ CIO-chief innovations officer; responsible for Complete Portal Development and heading the profit center)
- Complete site development, design, new technologies and social community.
- In touch with numerous affiliate manager of the biggest Home Décor vendors like Macy.com, Target, Home Depot, Overstock etc for their products and services
- Responsible for being accepted by above big vendors into their programs. Responsible for the hardware, software, and network architectures for above web sites.
- Reconciled the needs of a rapidly changing, technology-based company with its legacy architectures.
- Managed the technical department, Set the department's goals and direction.
- Coordinated external programmers with internal engineers, administrators, project managers and developers.
- Established a software development life cycle to assure the quality of all programs and stored procedures, including stages for requirements, design, unit testing, development, functional and regression testing, code review, stake-holder acceptance, and launch.
E-3Dimensions – Animation Company
(As Founder / CTO, in charge of running operations at E-3dimension an Animation Company in Bangalore India.)
Portfolio work for outsourced projects like free jimmy the Movie and Hoodwinked both 3d animation Movies.
3d Game Modeling for clients in Europe.
- Built a world class team of 25 artists and animators and provide creative direction
- Knowledge of Maya and 3d Max
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- 3d Game Modeling
- Collaborate with Potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company’s services as a web application
- Web Flash Animation, Graphic design Corporate Audio/Visuals and Presentations
- Lighting and Rendering for film, Production of TV commercials and advertisement spots
- Whole range of services related to either digital or traditional film-making
- Credit lines for movie or TV , Co-Productions
- Rendering on the our Render Farms
- Sourcing processes, Business KPIs
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges
- Dealing with Legal Teams to overview vendor contracts
Uni group Services
Associated as Head of Business
- Closely associated with getting business with companies like United Phosphorus India, GAIL, ONGC, Reliance, Cairn and alike handling all operations of Rosen Europe in India.
Education and Qualifications
MBA from Ecole nationale des Ponts et Chaussées; 1997 – 1998
Diploma Commerce from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies –1995
10 from Bombay Scottish -1980 – 1990
PMP Certification in Progress