|Subscription Level||Small Business|
|Registered Since||9 Sep 2010|
|Areas of Expertise||Ecommerce, Email Marketing, Multichannel Marketing, Strategy & Operations, Web Analytics|
I have over twenty year’s experience of the data market spread across a multi-national career. I originally established myself within the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) arena in Africa. In the early 90’s I spent time working at Standard Bank of South Africa whereI helped build a Single Customer View. This is where I evolved my passion for all things data.
My next step saw me become co-founder of marketing consultancy Intact Solutions, spending 5 years as Managing Director growing the business to become market leader in the provision of database marketing solutions, before selling to South African's largest listed media conglomerate Primedia.
In 2001 I joined Database Group in the UK and subsequently facilitated the purchase of both Database Group and the email division, Database Group Interactive. I’ve recently overseen the rebrand of both companies to bring them under the banner of dbg to reflect the growing importance of what I like to call “Direct, digital and data: The holy trinity”.
My current day to day activities see me working with clients such as Pizza Express, Renault, Travelbag and William Grant and Sons to help them define and implement their marketing strategy. I also contribute to a range of trade publications including; Data Strategy, Database Marketing, Marketing Week and Brand Republic. I’m also a new guest blogger on Econsultancy.
Blog posts by Richard Lees
- The challenges of using multichannel data, 15 Jul 2011
- Find A New Rebecca: the future of recruiting?, 21 Apr 2011
- Should your brand aspire to be a Rebecca Black?, 6 Apr 2011
- Too much data, not enough insight, 25 Mar 2011
- Please don’t go! The art of the email opt out, 11 Mar 2011
- Trust is key to understanding the mobile consumer, 28 Feb 2011
- Data strategies: brands need to focus on customer behaviour, 16 Feb 2011
- A new kind of email metric, 8 Dec 2010
- A viral campaign is for life, not just for Christmas, 24 Nov 2010
- Companies aren't making the most of multichannel marketing data, 6 Oct 2010