|Date||26th October 2006 (1:00pm – 3:00pm)|
|Venue||Ludgate House, London, United Kingdom|
|Duration||About 2 hours|
|Cost||Included with Enterprise subscription|
About the event
Circa. 12 attendees, no journalists, no audience, no sponsors, chaired and facilitated by E-consultancy.
To share knowledge, experiences, best practice and to network.
Commision Junction, Ticketmaster, Alliance & Leicester, Navman.com, Norwich Union, BCA, Argos, Keith Budden, Charles Tyrwhitt, eConversions, Incubeta, BAA
E-consultancy present latest stats, market moves, trends etc.
Clinic - Questions:
- Affiliate activity in the search space - should the trademarked paid search area on Google be opened up to affiliate partners? How can advertisers encourage affiliate partners to bid on keywords other than just the trademark? With the introduction of the Google rating for landing page relevancy, how are affiliate marketers working with the guidelines? Are affiliate keyword buyers prepared to develop bespoke landing pages for advertisers?
- CPC/CPM Media Buys - should this be left up to the media buying specialist agencies or is there a need for affiliate networks to participate in this space? What % of the affiliate plan is recommended to be CPC vs CPA? How can we ensure the amount of CPA activity continues to increase? Whatof hybrid payment models which some advertisisers have adopted – CPC, CPM, CPA?
- Measuring success - What makes a successful affiliate program? How can you build benchmarks for this and how frequently should you review your affiliates? - How do you develop and enhance feeds (RSS?) and flow of communication (rules/process/tools etc?)
- Motivating affiliates - Other than financially, in which ways can you motivate affiliates? What more can merchants offer? Do alternatives work or is the lack of finance going to affect the affiliate in the long-term?
- Affiliate Marketing vs Shopping Comparison sites - Does one perform better than the other? Are budgets shifting and what part do community and social network sites have to play?
Future Watch – what’s coming next, developments, trends etc
Resources – what people find most useful to stay up to date, links etc.
20 mins Arrive, Coffee and Registration
80 mins E-consultancy facilitates debate around key issues and trends
20 mins Follow up conversations / networking / close
+44 (0)20 7681 4053, peter @ e-consultancy.com (subject line 'Roundtable bookings')