Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer, Author and Speaker at SmartInsights.com
02 May 2008 10:59am
Topics:Avinash Kaushik interview,Mobile marketing,Google updates,social media and UK ad spend research
Note:I have agreed with Ashley Friedlein, CEO of E-consultancy, that I will post these articles here in the hope that they may be useful for forum members who haven't seen these articles or news items.
1. Avinash Kaushik InterviewAvinash Kaushik is well known to web analytics aficionados as Google's Analytics Evangelist, for his book "Web Analytics An Hour a Day" and his Occam's Razor Blog, but I think his insights can help anyone involved aiming to improve their results from their web business.
So I was delighted that he agreed to this interview for "E-marketing Essentials". In a wide-ranging interview we cover everything from trends in web analytics to practical tips to measure and improve online customer engagement and retention.
2. Mobile marketing campaigns case study and free e-bookTwo mobile marketing case studies courtesy of the IDM and a a 100 page+ e-book on mobile marketing and advertising courtesy of Tanla. There is increased in interest in mobile marketing / m-commerce from attendees on my "Running Effective E-marketing campaigns course" and each mobile case study has specific mobile response rates results which show that consumers are increasingly responsive to mobile for trusted brands.
I also have a post on example Facebook applications for marketing http://www.davechaffey.com/E-commerce-Internet-marketing-case-studies/example-facebook-applications-apps-for-marketing/.
3. Google marketing updates for April 2008Includes the well known "category 5 alert for UK Google advertisers" and 4 other updates on new tools and best practice guidelines.
4. New research on usage levels of social mediaThese figures can help justify business case investment in Web 2.0 approaches. Updated April 2008 with new Universal McCann research on proportion of people apping, blogging, widgeting, sharing, feeding, etc.
5. Annual update - UK Digital Media ad expenditureThe annual update to digital ad spend figures for the UK from the IAB. Compare your spend on digital media channels against the industry as a whole.
Dave Chaffey - www.davechaffey.com/news
Econsultancy's B2B Internet Statistics Compendium is a comprehensive collection of the most recent B2B statistics and market data publicly available on online marketing, e-commerce, the internet and related digital media. A huge time-saver for presentations and reports.
Download our Innovation Report to see examples of cutting edge tactics and innovative business models across the whole range of digital marketing disciplines, including online advertising, ecommerce, mobile, social media, and search. Companies featured in this report include Kiva, Lastminute.com, Dell and Photobox.
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register