Senior e-Business Project Manager at Cancer Research UK
17 May 2005 16:33pm
Does anyone have a good template for a website project brief?
Digital Marketing Consultant, Trainer, Author and Speaker at SmartInsights.com
18 May 2005 19:46pm
Not exactly what you're asking for, but this model contract should be helpful since it gives a structure for tangible deliverables. http://www.davechaffey.com/Internet-Marketing/C7-Service-Quality/Model-web-site-design-contract
Also, on the IDM Diploma in Digital Marketing (www.theidm.com) we use this checklist as a starting point - obviously will vary by market / site type. Hope some help.
1. Situation Analysis (market)
• Company background
• The market sector
• Product/service/offer information
• Level of contribution from current site including key outcomes,
e.g. unique visitors, sales and leads
• Consumer reports or research findings?
• Target audience characteristics, Personas, Scenarios
• Site value proposition including key differentiators
• Online intermediaries
• Investment in continuous e-marketing initiatives, e.g. search marketing, e-mail marketing, affiliate marketing.
2. Technical / infrastructure considerations
• Use and capabilities of content management system and access levels required?
• Accessibility requirements - Level A, AA, AAA
• Data capture and profiling on site?
• Integration with existing Database?
• Hosting requirements
• Domains registered
• Integration with partner sites
• Use of web analytics / site statistics package?
3. Objectives for site
• Key communication Objectives for different audiences
• Measurement of key site outcomes – how will success be measured
4. Creative requirements
• Corporate Requirements
• Brand tone and image suggested by client
• Brand guidelines
• Integration with other marketing activity?
• Positioning Statement
• Features and Benefits of product/service/offer
• Offers / Incentives
• Core Contents of the site suggested by the client
• Homepage requirement
• Any Navigational notes?
• Mandatory elements
• Assets, links, logos etc… to be used
• Third Party banners etc… on the site?
• Who will supply content including assets and copy?
• How will content be managed?
• How often do you anticipate that content will need updating and in what site areas?
• Offers / Incentives
• E Marketing
• Data Capture
• Data capture / retention opportunities
• Organic search marketing – including relevant phrases
5. General Project Management
• Budget constraints
• Testing and Measurement/User Acceptance Testing
• Author of the brief and contact details
• Client technical contact (if different from above)
Internet Marketing trainer, consultant and author
eResources and Books: www.marketing-online.co.uk
25 August 2006 05:52am
Updated since I noticed a lot of people referred from this page 'though 18 mths old.
Model Web site design contract
Usability supplier checklist
HTH Dave Chaffey
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register