Director at Adwords Consultant
14 June 2007 17:25pm
'The Top 5 Mistakes Companies Make Using Google Adwords’. By avoiding these pitfalls you can be assured that you are well on the way to a successful online business. This was posted a few months ago and helped many small to medium size enterprises. This report is for anyone who missed it the first time.
1. Excluding the exact keywords in the ad title, copy and URLThe headline should not contain the name of an organization, this is a critical mistake. Your ad should be about what the visitor wants, not about you and the company. The headline should have the keyphrase the prospect typed in to the search engine. The headline needs to be attention grabbing and persuasive to motivate the prospect to read the whole ad and click through to your website.
2. Ads set to send visitors to the homepage by defaultYou can send prospects to any page within your website you want, providing the page is specific and reinforces the adwords ad, NOTHING ELSE! The biggest mistake most companies make - is sending prospects to a homepage where they've got 15 different options. That will kill your results, even if you do everything else RIGHT! Note: Confused people do NOTHING! If they don't see exactly what they're looking for in 5 seconds, they'll leave.
3. Using only broad keyword searchesMost people come up with a list of 5, or 10 or 15 or even more keywords, & paste them into a single campaign. Generic keywords may get alot of searches and clicks but do not convert to sales. Broad phrases are not tightly matched to an ad, therefore it eats away your daily budget with zero RESULTS!
4. Running only 1 Ad at a timeRunning 1 ad a time is a critical mistake and allows you to fly blind in adwords. Their is no way to monitor and measure only 1 ad. Running 2 ads’ simultaneously allows you to monitor and measure the performance of both ads and play beat my control. Playing beat my control ad, allows your CTR to increase, reduce your bid prices per key phrase while still maintaining a good position.
5. Bidding on High-priced keywords with low CTR'sWin with high CTR's not high bid prices. This is a critical mistake most companies make, to prevent their monthly budget working HARDER! To obtain an established CTR, you need to run 2 ads simultaneously, persuasive copywriting, focused ad and tracking all your individual keywords. This enables you to buy traffic cheaply while maintaining a top position on google.
I hope these pointers help you on your road to riches and wish you every success in your online venture
Free market research on digital marketing
Daily Pulse: award winning newsletter
It takes 30 seconds to register