- financial website expands services, sees record user numbers and moves into the money –
ADVFN, Europe’s leading stocks and shares website (www.advfn.com), has announced its first profits.
In its Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 31 December 2004, ADVFN PLC recorded a maiden profit of £2.36M (including an exceptional profit) against a £147K loss for the same period in 2003 and Operating profit of £113K versus a £153K loss in the previous year. The results also highlighted record user numbers, which were up 50% to 450,000. EBITDA was up 112% to 638K and ADVFN reported its first earnings per share of 0.56p per share compared to 0.04p loss last year.
ADVFN has continued to expand its tools and services and has accelerated its programme of stock exchange additions to include market data from Poland, South Africa, Sweden, Canada, Switzerland and Singapore. Singapore is the first in a range of Asian markets coming to the site. ADVFN now has additional data from Archipelago and GTIS Forex; and NASDAQ and NYSE Level 2 products are to be rolled out imminently.
ADVFN also announced that it is actively looking for acquisitions and that subscription income and advertising revenue from its dating Website, CupidBay.com, continued to increase at levels well in excess of its original expectations.
“ADVFN has never been in a stronger position and the figures reflect an ongoing momentum. We are well placed for the next phase of expansion and this process is well underway. We firmly believe we can reproduce ADVFN’s UK success on a global scale,” said Clem Chambers, CEO of ADVFN.
NOTES TO EDITORS
ADVFN (www.advfn.com) is Europe’s number one stocks and shares Web site. With full real-time coverage of the London Stock Exchange, the euronext-liffe, OFEX, NASDAQ, Amex and NYSE, including FTSE, Dow and S&P indices, ADVFN provides professional quality information to the person on the street.
ADVFN was established in the last quarter of 1999 and floated on AIM in March 2000. It now has over 450,000 registered users who generate in excess of 38 million page impressions a month.
We currently cover the following areas in the UK, France and America:
· Free real-time prices from the London Stock Exchange
· EURONEXT - Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam
· GTIS FOREX
· Russian stocks and indices
· Canadian stocks, indices, options and derivatives
· German stocks and indices – Xetra
· Irish stocks and indices
· Greek stocks and indices
· Singapore stocks and indices
· Helsinki Stock Exchange
· Stockholm Stock Exchange
· Copenhagen Stock Exchange
· Warsaw Stock Exchange
· Swiss Indices
· Chicago Mercantile Exchange
· Johannesburg Stock Exchange and indices
· Level 2 data
· Comprehensive fundamental data
· Streaming stock charts, historic and intraday
· CREST stock loan data
· RNS and AFX news
· UK's busiest financial bulletin boards
· Historical data downloads
· Stock monitors and filters
· Covered Warrants
· Trading signals
· Investor Relations Web site solutions
· PDA service
· SMS stock quote service
· Headlines – news headline and archive search
For further press information, please contact: Francesca De Franco on 020 7070 0932 E-mail email@example.com
Published on: 12:00AM on 30th March 2005