|Date||5th July 2012 (9:30am – 4:30pm)|
|Venue||Econsultancy London - Farringdon Point, London, United Kingdom|
About the course
Well-managed affiliate marketing can really pay off. But even though the theory is pretty straightforward, it’s often overlooked by advertisers because putting it into practice can be difficult.
This one-day course will give you a practical understanding of affiliate marketing, outlining the strategies, techniques and tricks to achieve a successful, well-managed programme.
When successful, affiliate marketing can be a highly measurable marketing tool that can achieve return on investment(ROI) and enable marketers and advertisers to justify their spending.However, affiliate marketing, using one website to drive traffic to another, is frequently overlooked because of a lack of understanding about the benefits of the channel.
This course will outline the strategies, techniques and tricks to achieve an effective level of contribution and offer tips on refining your existing affiliate programme.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those looking to create a new affiliate marketing strategy, and for those looking to make improvements to their existing programme.
How will I benefit?
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the affiliate marketing process from both the merchant and affiliate perspective
- Review your existing affiliate programme and increase leads or sales
- Evaluate and select appropriate affiliate partners, tools and technologies
- Apply best practice strategy, tactics and measurement to your programme
What will I learn?
How to audit an existing affiliate programme
Reviewing your toolkit
Reviewing your partners and their results
Setting realistic objectives
Defining affiliate marketing strategy
- Integrating affiliate marketing strategy with search engine marketing strategy
- Setting the right affiliate reward levels
- Alternative approaches to rewarding affiliates
Working with an affiliate programme manager
- Selecting an affiliate programme manager (affiliate network)
- Questions to ask when selecting an affiliate programme manager
- Benefits and disadvantages of working with more than one network
Managing competition with affiliates
- Competing for position in sponsored search listings
- Trademark issues in search engine marketing
- Monitoring affiliate practices and results
- Working with affiliates
- The top 10 'dos' of affiliate marketing
- The top 10 'don'ts' of affiliate marketing
Chris Bishop began his career in online media in 1999 as publisher and owner of an online sports network, from there he was one of four people to graduate in the UK’s first BA (Hons) e-business degree. He has since taken acquisition roles at Johnson & Johnson, TradeDoubler, Hotel Chocolat and House of Fraser. Using this wealth of digital experience Chris has set up 7thingsmedia, an affiliate marketing and paid search agency, to assist clients in the various aspects of eCommerce trading
Chris has a wealth of experience in the new media industry, which has been further cemented by a plethora of accolades acknowledging his contribution to Affiliate Marketing. These include the prestigious Commission Junction European Marketing Show award for “Outstanding Personal Contribution to Affiliate Marketing” for his work at Hotel Chocolat and the 2008 A4Uawards “Best Use of Affiliate Marketing as Part of an Integrated Campaign”. He has also been shortlisted on two occasions for “Affiliate Manager of the Year”.
Econsultancy London - Farringdon Point
Nearest tube stations:
Farringdon (Circle, Metropolitan, Hammersmith & City) or Chancery Lane (Central Line)