Job of the week
Most popular posts this month
- 24 beautifully-designed web dashboards that data geeks will love
- The top 16 social media fails of 2013
- 10 things to avoid using in your email subject lines
- 10 simple responsive WordPress themes for small businesses and blogs
- 33 examples of great meta descriptions for search
- 14 fantastic scrolling websites that tell a story
Most commented posts this month
- Why more emails at Christmas almost always means more money 36 comments
- Will the number of consumer reviews in PPC ads affect credibility? 22 comments
- The top 16 social media fails of 2013 20 comments
- How many links does $1,318.72 get you using Zemanta? 18 comments
- Local SEO: tips on improving your visibility 18 comments
- The 10 most common mistakes of blogger outreach 18 comments
Popular blog tags (by posts)
I have over twenty year’s experience of the data market spread across a multi-national career. I originally established myself within the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) arena in Africa. In the early 90’s I spent time working at Standard Bank of South Africa whereI helped build a Single Customer View. This is where I evolved my passion for all things data.
My next step saw me become co-founder of marketing consultancy Intact Solutions, spending 5 years as Managing Director growing the business to become market leader in the provision of database marketing solutions, before selling to South African's largest listed media conglomerate Primedia.
In 2001 I joined Database Group in the UK and subsequently facilitated the purchase of both Database Group and the email division, Database Group Interactive. I’ve recently overseen the rebrand of both companies to bring them under the banner of dbg to reflect the growing importance of what I like to call “Direct, digital and data: The holy trinity”.